StreamExpressionTest failures

Erick Erickson
This test fails on line 3500, here’s the code block. Notice that the test carefully constructs
the test string with the system file separator. Even so, the the tuple has a *nix style separator
and the test string a Windows separator.

final String expectedSecondLevel1Path = "directory1" + File.separator + "secondLevel1.txt";
for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
  Tuple t = tuples.get(i);
  assertEquals("secondLevel1.txt line " + String.valueOf(i+1), t.get("line"));
  assertEquals(expectedSecondLevel1Path, t.get("file"));
}

FAILED:  org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.StreamExpressionTest.testCatStreamDirectoryCrawl

Error Message:
expected:<directory1[\]secondLevel1.txt> but was:<directory1[/]secondLevel1.txt>

Re: StreamExpressionTest failures

Erick Erickson
Wonder if Uwe has any insights?

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:32 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This just started failing out of the blue today. I wonder what changed? Is it straightforward to detect windows in the test cases?
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 7:46 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This test fails on line 3500, here’s the code block. Notice that the test carefully constructs
> the test string with the system file separator. Even so, the the tuple has a *nix style separator
> and the test string a Windows separator.
>

> final String expectedSecondLevel1Path = "directory1" + File.separator + "secondLevel1.txt";
> for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
>   Tuple t = tuples.get(i);
>   assertEquals("secondLevel1.txt line " + String.valueOf(i+1), t.get("line"));
>   assertEquals(expectedSecondLevel1Path, t.get("file"));
> }
>
> FAILED:  org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.StreamExpressionTest.testCatStreamDirectoryCrawl
>
> Error Message:
> expected:<directory1[\]secondLevel1.txt> but was:<directory1[/]secondLevel1.txt>

Re: StreamExpressionTest failures

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
This fails due to my refactor of path handling inside the cat stream (oops!).  Either Solr is wrong or the test is wrong depending on your point of view as to what sort of paths Solr should expose.  See the dev list thread I started on the choice.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:12 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wonder if Uwe has any insights?

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:32 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This just started failing out of the blue today. I wonder what changed? Is it straightforward to detect windows in the test cases?
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 7:46 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This test fails on line 3500, here’s the code block. Notice that the test carefully constructs
> the test string with the system file separator. Even so, the the tuple has a *nix style separator
> and the test string a Windows separator.
>

> final String expectedSecondLevel1Path = "directory1" + File.separator + "secondLevel1.txt";
> for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
>   Tuple t = tuples.get(i);
>   assertEquals("secondLevel1.txt line " + String.valueOf(i+1), t.get("line"));
>   assertEquals(expectedSecondLevel1Path, t.get("file"));
> }
>
> FAILED:  org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.StreamExpressionTest.testCatStreamDirectoryCrawl
>
> Error Message:
> expected:<directory1[\]secondLevel1.txt> but was:<directory1[/]secondLevel1.txt>

Re: StreamExpressionTest failures

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
I reverted the change in behavior (not the entire commit which was 99% good stuff) which will also fix the test.  Just pushed to master and will do for 8x in a few minutes.
~ David