What I noticed is while I can obtain the expressions results using JAVA, the feature does not seem to function when I try to get the same data via cURL. You can see the code snippets I used below. Can you tell me if I am doing anything wrong or if this is indeed a bug in this version?
I'm not a big user of curl when I test the http interface. Most of the time
I use a browser and just send the request and view the results. This won't
be feasible if you're streaming a large number of documents but it will
work to quickly prototype expressions. I believe chrome will also handle
the URLencoding of the expression, but I usually URLencode the expression
before sending it down.
In Solr 6.1 the admin screen has a console for sending expressions which is
really nice. Also I believe Solr 6.1 does a better job of bubbling up the
error message all the way to the client.
In my testing all the expressions work from the http interface. But as they
get more complex it's easier to introduce errors into the syntax. If the
error that is returned to the client isn't clear enough you can check the
logs for the full stack trace.