Support for writing meta information?

Carsten Ziegeler
Currently the tika proposal is about extracting meta information from
documents. Now, obviously when dealing with documents this is half the
work. Updating/changing meta data of documents is the other half.

When it comes to an implementation, you might already have more than
half of the code when you're able to extract meta data.

I think it makes sense to extend the scope of Tika to include
writing/changing documents as well. We could make this feature optional
though.

WDYT?

Carsten

Re: Support for writing meta information?

Bertrand Delacretaz
On 7/10/07, Carsten Ziegeler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...I think it makes sense to extend the scope of Tika to include
> writing/changing documents as well. We could make this feature optional
> though....

I like the idea, as long as it's sufficiently distinct from the main
"mission" of extracting data and metadata so that people can use just
the "extraction" part of the framework if they only need that.

-Bertrand