Tackling Solr Fieldable

jason rutherglen-2
Is this being worked on?  Otherwise I'll do it.

Re: Tackling Solr Fieldable

Yonik Seeley-2
On 8/22/06, jason rutherglen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is this being worked on?  Otherwise I'll do it.

Could you be more explicit... do you mean starting to use Fieldable
instead of Field due to the introduction of Lucene's Fieldable (which
Field subclasses)?  Do you mean lazy loading of fields?

Some Solr methods accepting Field could be changed to Fieldable, but
changing methods returning Field to Fieldable would break backwards
compatibility and need to be handled more carefully.

Re: Tackling Solr Fieldable

jason rutherglen-2
> Do you mean lazy loading of fields?

Yes.

On 8/22/06, jason rutherglen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is this being worked on?  Otherwise I'll do it.

Could you be more explicit... do you mean starting to use Fieldable
instead of Field due to the introduction of Lucene's Fieldable (which
Field subclasses)?  Do you mean lazy loading of fields?

Some Solr methods accepting Field could be changed to Fieldable, but
changing methods returning Field to Fieldable would break backwards
compatibility and need to be handled more carefully.

-Yonik