Tag generation

kenf_nc
A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some content and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best suited to associate with that content.

Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does something like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr index or solr query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?

Re: Tag generation

Olivier Dobberkau

Am 15.07.2010 um 17:34 schrieb kenf_nc:

> A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some content
> and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best suited
> to associate with that content.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does something
> like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr index or solr
> query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?

Hi

there something from http://www.zemanta.com/
and something from basis tech http://www.basistech.com/

i am not sure if this would help. you could have a look at

http://uima.apache.org/

greetings,

olivier

Olivier Dobberkau

Re: Tag generation

Markus Jelsma
Check out OpenCalais [1]. Maybe it works for your case and language.

[1]: http://www.opencalais.com/

On Thursday 15 July 2010 17:34:31 kenf_nc wrote:
> A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some content
> and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best suited
> to associate with that content.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does
>  something like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr index
>  or solr query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350

Re: Tag generation

Tommaso Teofili
Hi all,
in UIMA there are two components which wrap OpenCalais [1] and AlchemyAPI
[2][3] services that you could use, then you could also add something else
to the tagging pipeline (using existing stuff [4] or implementing your own
logic).
Hope this helps.
Tommaso

[1] : http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html#opencalais.annotator
[2] : http://www.alchemyapi.com
[3] : http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/trunk/AlchemyAPIAnnotator
[4] : http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html

2010/7/15 Markus Jelsma <[hidden email]>

> Check out OpenCalais [1]. Maybe it works for your case and language.
>
> [1]: http://www.opencalais.com/
>
> On Thursday 15 July 2010 17:34:31 kenf_nc wrote:
> > A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some
> content
> > and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best
> suited
> > to associate with that content.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does
> >  something like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr
> >  or solr query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?
> >

> Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
> 050-8536620 / 06-50258350

Re: Tag generation

kenf_nc
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm absorbing them as quickly as I can.