The parent shard will never be delete/clean?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The parent shard will never be delete/clean?

zhenyuan wei
Hi,
   If I split shard1 to shard1_0,shard1_1, Is the parent shard1 will
never be clean up?


Best,
Tinswzy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The parent shard will never be delete/clean?

Jason Gerlowski
Hi,

You might want to check out the documentation, which goes over
split-shard in a bit more detail:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-splitshard

To answer your question directly though, no.  Split-shard creates two
new subshards, but it doesn't do anything to remove or cleanup the
original shard.  The original shard remains with its data and will
delegate future requests to the result shards.

Hope that helps,

Jason

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 4:17 AM zhenyuan wei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>    If I split shard1 to shard1_0,shard1_1, Is the parent shard1 will
> never be clean up?
>
>
> Best,
> Tinswzy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The parent shard will never be delete/clean?

Andrzej Białecki
Solr 7.4.0 added a periodic maintenance task that cleans up old inactive parent shards left after the split. “Old” means 2 days by default.

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 15:31, Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You might want to check out the documentation, which goes over
> split-shard in a bit more detail:
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-splitshard
>
> To answer your question directly though, no.  Split-shard creates two
> new subshards, but it doesn't do anything to remove or cleanup the
> original shard.  The original shard remains with its data and will
> delegate future requests to the result shards.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jason
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 4:17 AM zhenyuan wei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   If I split shard1 to shard1_0,shard1_1, Is the parent shard1 will
>> never be clean up?
>>
>>
>> Best,
>> Tinswzy
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The parent shard will never be delete/clean?

zhenyuan wei
That is Cool~ , I'll try it. Thanks !



Andrzej Białecki <[hidden email]> 于2019年1月23日周三 下午8:53写道:

> Solr 7.4.0 added a periodic maintenance task that cleans up old inactive
> parent shards left after the split. “Old” means 2 days by default.
>
> > On 22 Jan 2019, at 15:31, Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You might want to check out the documentation, which goes over
> > split-shard in a bit more detail:
> >
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-splitshard
> >
> > To answer your question directly though, no.  Split-shard creates two
> > new subshards, but it doesn't do anything to remove or cleanup the
> > original shard.  The original shard remains with its data and will
> > delegate future requests to the result shards.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 4:17 AM zhenyuan wei <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>   If I split shard1 to shard1_0,shard1_1, Is the parent shard1 will
> >> never be clean up?
> >>
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Tinswzy
> >
>
>