Tika 0.1-incubating released

chrismattmann
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made it's
first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating. The release is
available from the Tika home page:

http://incubator.apache.org/tika/

Click on the "Download" link in the upper left corner of the web page to go
to a mirror closest to you to get the release.

Thanks to all who contributed to the release, and it's been fun being the
release manager for this version. Thanks for everyone's help on it.

The current development version of Apache Tika is 0.2-incubating. I look
forward to another successful development/release cycle with all those
involved. So, enjoy, and developers, happy Tika'ing!

Nutch'ers, I expect to post a patch for review within the next week or so,
updating Nutch's use of Tika to this official release, and working through
the TikaConfig issue currently in JIRA.

Thanks!

Cheers,
 Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[hidden email]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Jérôme Charron-2
Many thanks Chris and all Tika contributors for this first official apache
incubator release of Tika.
I remember several months ago when I initiate the project (with you Chris
and then Jukka).
Unfortunately, I don't have time to work on Tika actively (neither on
Nutch).   :-(
So many thanks to all of you for bringing this project live.
Great Work!

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse
Tous les goûts sont dans la nature, les vôtres sont sur
http://www.shopreflex.com

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On Jan 7, 2008 7:00 PM, Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>... I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made it's
> first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating....

Woo-hooh! Thanks Chris and everyone involved.
-Bertrand

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Niall Pemberton
On Jan 8, 2008 8:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 7:00 PM, Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >... I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made it's
> > first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating....
>
> Woo-hooh! Thanks Chris and everyone involved.

+1

Niall

> -Bertrand

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Rida Benjelloun
Thanks Chris and everyone involved.
Rida

2008/1/8, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]>:

> On Jan 8, 2008 8:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 2008 7:00 PM, Chris Mattmann <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > >... I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made
> it's
> > > first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating....
> >
> > Woo-hooh! Thanks Chris and everyone involved.
>
> +1
>
> Niall
>
> > -Bertrand

Rida Benjelloun, M.S.I., M.B.A.
Président directeur général
DocuLibre inc.
Cel: 418-262-3222
Tel: 418-353-3390
Site Web : http://www.doculibre.com

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Sami Siren-2
Chris Mattmann wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just wanted to update you all with news that Apache Tika has made it's
> first official Apache Incubator release, 0.1-incubating. The release is
> available from the Tika home page:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/tika/
>
> Click on the "Download" link in the upper left corner of the web page to go
> to a mirror closest to you to get the release.

What happened to the maven artifacts - Am I just too blind to see them?

  Sami Siren

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

chrismattmann
Hi Sami,

As I understood it, I believed Jukka was discussing creating a "staging"
maven repository, and that we'd simply release the source code to the
mirrors. I wasn't under the impression that the staged maven artifacts
should be put there as well.

Is this what you're suggesting?

In any case, the maven artifacts are still available from the rc2 website in
my apache home dir:

http://people.apache.org/~mattmann/apache-tika-0.1-incubating/rc2/

Would you like me to put a link to this on the Tika website?

Thanks!

Cheers,
 Chris

Chris Mattmann wrote:
> Hi Sami,
>
> As I understood it, I believed Jukka was discussing creating a "staging"
> maven repository, and that we'd simply release the source code to the
> mirrors. I wasn't under the impression that the staged maven artifacts
> should be put there as well.
>
> Is this what you're suggesting?

No, I am not sure what I am suggesting. According to
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html there is a incubator
repository where we could put those (if this is the current policy of
apache.org)

I propose we hear a second opinion from someone more experienced ;)

  Sami Siren

Re: Tika 0.1-incubating released

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Jan 12, 2008 9:51 PM, Sami Siren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No, I am not sure what I am suggesting. According to
> http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html there is a incubator
> repository where we could put those (if this is the current policy of
> apache.org)

Yes, we can put the Maven artifacts in the Incubator repository at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/.

The rationale for having a separate staging repository is that we need
to review the artifacts in the release vote before publishing them in
the Maven repository.

I've copied the artifacts from the staging repository to the Incubator
repository, see
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tika/.

You can use Tika 0.1-incubating in your Maven 2 project if you specify
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/ as an
additional repository. Something like this:

    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>apache.incubator</id>
        <name>Apache Incubator Repository</name>
        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>

    <dependencies>