Tika 1.25 release date?

Alexander Klimetschek
Hi Tika committers,

is there an ETA on when the next 1.x release (1.25 afaics) would come out?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Tim Allison
Hi Alex,
  The license of xmp-core is a blocker [1].  As soon as Adobe fixes that
and makes a new release, we should be good to start the release process.

Fellow devs,
  Anything other blockers on 1.25?

       Best,

              Tim

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-3204

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 9:44 PM Alexander Klimetschek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tika committers,
>
> is there an ETA on when the next 1.x release (1.25 afaics) would come out?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Alexander Klimetschek
Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department :-)

Cheers,
Alex
________________________________

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tika committers,
>
> is there an ETA on when the next 1.x release (1.25 afaics) would come out?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Nick Burch-2
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department :-)

If you can use internal contacts to find the people we need to prod /
lobby / smile at, that'd be a big help! And/or if you can try to bribe
that team with sending chocolates/beer... :)

Cheers
Nick

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Tim Allison
Will send chocolate/beer personally if I have a mailing address... :-)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:37 AM Nick Burch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> > Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department
> :-)
>
> If you can use internal contacts to find the people we need to prod /
> lobby / smile at, that'd be a big help! And/or if you can try to bribe
> that team with sending chocolates/beer... :)
>
> Cheers
> Nick

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Alexander Klimetschek
Let me see what I can do...

Cheers,
Alex
________________________________
Will send chocolate/beer personally if I have a mailing address... :-)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:37 AM Nick Burch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> > Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department
> :-)
>
> If you can use internal contacts to find the people we need to prod /
> lobby / smile at, that'd be a big help! And/or if you can try to bribe
> that team with sending chocolates/beer... :)
>
> Cheers
> Nick

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Tim Allison
All,
  The Adobe license issue has been resolved.  Many thanks to Alex, Leonard
and Adobe!  I'm about to kick off the regression tests.  It would be great
if we could figure out TIKA-3231 before the release, but are there any
blockers?

 Cheers,

          Tim

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:37 AM Nick Burch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> > Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department
> :-)
>
> If you can use internal contacts to find the people we need to prod /
> lobby / smile at, that'd be a big help! And/or if you can try to bribe
> that team with sending chocolates/beer... :)
>
> Cheers
> Nick

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Tim Allison
Lee and all,
  I recently merged a bunch of Lee's PRs and a few others into main.  I
don't think we need to cherry-pick any of them into 1.25, but please let me
know otherwise.  The tika-eval reports comparing 1.24.1 vs 1.25-SNAPSHOT
should be ready soon.

         Cheers,

             Tim

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 1:51 PM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>   The Adobe license issue has been resolved.  Many thanks to Alex, Leonard
> and Adobe!  I'm about to kick off the regression tests.  It would be great
> if we could figure out TIKA-3231 before the release, but are there any
> blockers?
>
>  Cheers,
>
>           Tim
>
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:37 AM Nick Burch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
>> > Regarding xmpcore: I would love to help but it‘s a different department
>> :-)
>>
>> If you can use internal contacts to find the people we need to prod /
>> lobby / smile at, that'd be a big help! And/or if you can try to bribe
>> that team with sending chocolates/beer... :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Nick

Re: Tika 1.25 release date?

Tim Allison
Reports are available here:
https://corpora.tika.apache.org/base/reports/reports_tika_1_24_1_vs_1_25.tgz

I haven't had a chance to look.  Let me know if you see anything concerning.

Best,

           Tim