Tika Anthem

Keith R. Bennett
Everyone -

< ;) >

Now that we're talking about our first release, I think we need a Tika anthem (song).  No great project should be without one.  So I propose the following lyrics, sung to the tune of "Climb Every Mountain" from "The Sound of Music":

Read every format, parse every stream,
Text and metadata, that is Tika's dream.

Read every format, parse every stream,
Tireless and brilliant, that is Tika's team.

Tika will parse every file you provide,
Every char to be read will have no place to hide.

[Repeat]

< / ;) >

- Keith

Re: Tika Anthem

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On 10/15/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...Now that we're talking about our first release, I think we need a Tika
> anthem (song)....

Fine with me, and with the proposed lyrics. As long as you're ready to
sing it at the ApacheCon feather talks next time you're there ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Tika Anthem

Jukka Zitting

On 10/15/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now that we're talking about our first release, I think we need a Tika
> anthem (song).

Brilliant, I like it. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Tika Anthem

Keith R. Bennett
Bertrand -

Are you at ApacheCon?  I'm sorry I couldn't make it there this time.  I was so looking forward to singing the Tika anthem, especially with you and Jukka as my backup dancers.  ;)

- Keith

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
On 10/15/07, Keith R. Bennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:

> ...Now that we're talking about our first release, I think we need a Tika
> anthem (song)....

Fine with me, and with the proposed lyrics. As long as you're ready to
sing it at the ApacheCon feather talks next time you're there ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Tika Anthem

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
Hi Ketih,

On Nov 13, 2007 6:17 PM, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...Are you at ApacheCon?  I'm sorry I couldn't make it there this time.  I was
> so looking forward to singing the Tika anthem,...

Yes we're here with Jukka, and there will be talk about Tika tomorrow
in the search roundtable BOF,
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherUs07

Too bad about the anthem, that'll be for next time ;-)

-Bertrand