Tika Parser 1.2 - MP4Parser.java Query

Sharon Corbett
Hi;

I have a question regarding the MP4Parser.java file contained in version 1.2
of Apache Tika Parser.

The file contains the following comment, "This uses the MP4Parser project
from http://code.google.com/p/mp4parser/  to do the underlying parsing".

I'd like the project's help to understand to what extent content from the
mp4parser project is distributed via Tika 1.2?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Sharon Corbett

Re: Tika Parser 1.2 - MP4Parser.java Query

Michael McCandless-2
Tika pulls this library in as a dependency; see tika-parses/pom.xml:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.googlecode.mp4parser</groupId>
      <artifactId>isoparser</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-RC-1</version>
    </dependency>

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Sharon Corbett
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I have a question regarding the MP4Parser.java file contained in version 1.2
> of Apache Tika Parser.
>
> The file contains the following comment, "This uses the MP4Parser project
> from http://code.google.com/p/mp4parser/  to do the underlying parsing".
>
> I'd like the project's help to understand to what extent content from the
> mp4parser project is distributed via Tika 1.2?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sharon
>
> Sharon Corbett

Re: Tika Parser 1.2 - MP4Parser.java Query

Nick Burch-2
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Sharon Corbett wrote:
> I have a question regarding the MP4Parser.java file contained in version 1.2
> of Apache Tika Parser.
>
> The file contains the following comment, "This uses the MP4Parser project
> from http://code.google.com/p/mp4parser/  to do the underlying parsing".
>
> I'd like the project's help to understand to what extent content from the
> mp4parser project is distributed via Tika 1.2?

Depends which build of Tika you're using

The Tika source code contains the MP4Parser, which depends on the
MP4Parser project. Tika binaries, such as the OGSi bundle or the Tika CLI,
include both the tika parser and the dependency jar from the MP4Parser
project.

If for some reason you don't like the mp4 parser project (it is apache
license v2 as well!), you can exclude that jar from your build and the mp4
parser will decline to load. You'd then be able to use tika, but without
mp4 support

Nick