Tika Xml Outputter

Rida Benjelloun
Hi,
Do you think that we should have a XmlOutputter that save the extracted
content and metadata in XML file ? This will simplify integration with other
technologies like Solr for example.
The XmlOutputter will process File (File or Directory recursively) and Url.
Will use XSLT as a filter to masque or display the elements needed and an
output encoding :
Example
TikaXmlOutputter txo = new TikaXmlOutputter()
txo.output(File|URL input, File xmlOutput, File xsltFilter, String
encoding);

Regards.

Re: Tika Xml Outputter

chrismattmann
Hi Rida,

 I agree totally! You should take a look at the MarkupLanguageProposal
(within Nutch http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/MarkupLanguageParserProposal) and
the work done in Frutch
(http://www.krugle.com/kse/files?query=frutch%20parse%20out) on the ParseXml
plugin.

 I'd love to chat with you more about this. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
 Chris

On 10/10/07 9:28 AM, "Rida Benjelloun" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Do you think that we should have a XmlOutputter that save the extracted
> content and metadata in XML file ? This will simplify integration with other
> technologies like Solr for example.
> The XmlOutputter will process File (File or Directory recursively) and Url.
> Will use XSLT as a filter to masque or display the elements needed and an
> output encoding :
> Example
> TikaXmlOutputter txo = new TikaXmlOutputter()
> txo.output(File|URL input, File xmlOutput, File xsltFilter, String
> encoding);
>
> Regards.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[hidden email]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project

Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect

Re: Tika Xml Outputter

Rida Benjelloun
Hi Chris,
Thanks for this information, I will take a look on it and I will communicate
with you.
Regards.