TimeExceededException

Andrew Nagy-2
Hello - I am a part of a larger group working on an import tool called SolrMarc.  I am running into an error that I'm not sure what is causing it and looking for any leads.

I am getting the following exception on the SolrCore constructor:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$TimeExceededException
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:128)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:97)

Any ideas what might cause this?  I am working from the July 25 nightly snapshot.  Could I be missing a jar or something?

Thanks!
Andrew

Re: TimeExceededException

Sean Timm
This should be part of the lucene-core-2.4-dev.jar which is in
lucene/solr/trunk/lib

% unzip -l lucene-core-2.4-dev.jar | grep TimeLimitedCollector
      251  06-19-08 08:57
org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$1.class
     1564  06-19-08 08:57
org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$TimeExceededException.class
     1344  06-19-08 08:57
org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$TimerThread.class
     2125  06-19-08 08:57
org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector.class

-Sean

Andrew Nagy wrote:

> Hello - I am a part of a larger group working on an import tool called SolrMarc.  I am running into an error that I'm not sure what is causing it and looking for any leads.
>
> I am getting the following exception on the SolrCore constructor:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$TimeExceededException
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:128)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:97)
>
> Any ideas what might cause this?  I am working from the July 25 nightly snapshot.  Could I be missing a jar or something?
>
> Thanks!
> Andrew

Re: TimeExceededException

Yonik Seeley-2
TimeExceededException is new and defined in Lucene, not Solr.
Perhaps you have an older Lucene jar laying around that got picked up
accidentally?

-Yonik

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Andrew Nagy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello - I am a part of a larger group working on an import tool called SolrMarc.  I am running into an error that I'm not sure what is causing it and looking for any leads.
>
> I am getting the following exception on the SolrCore constructor:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/search/TimeLimitedCollector$TimeExceededException
>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:128)
>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:97)
>
> Any ideas what might cause this?  I am working from the July 25 nightly snapshot.  Could I be missing a jar or something?
>
> Thanks!
> Andrew

SolrMarc was Re: TimeExceededException

Grant Ingersoll-2