TimeRoutedAlias collection

SOLR4189
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I want to use TimeRoutedAlias collection. But first of all I have some questions:
1.  Does Solr have something like  Curator
<https://www.elastic.co/blog/hot-warm-architecture>   in ElasticSearch? How
can I manage/move old read-only collections to "weaker hardware"?
2. How can I work with updates in TRA? For example, I indexed doc with id XXX in 11.01.19 and in 13.01.19 I got a update for this doc XXX, so I'll get duplicate id in TRA.

Re: Curator in SOLR

Gus Heck
Unfortunately, the answer is no we don't quite have the same thing for
TRA's yet. What's needed to bridge the gap are auto-scaling features that
allow such migrations of older collections to different hardware take place
automatically.  Dave Smiley and I have definitely discussed the possibility
while developing TRA's but neither of us has really had the ability to
prioritize it yet. Other features have taken priority. Feel free to propose
something, or even contribute something. I'll certainly be interested in
reviewing if you come up with a patch :)

I also haven't (yet) taken the time to look super carefully at the existing
auto-scaling features to see if some existing combination can get you there.

-Gus

http://www.the111shift.com