Tomcat(8080) - Solr(80) port setup confusion??

Tomcat(8080) - Solr(80) port setup confusion??

newBea
Hi All,

I have installed solr through tomcat(5.5.23). Its up and running on port 8080. Its like, if tomcat is running, solr is running and vice versa. I need tomcat on 8080 and solr on 80 port...Is this possible? Do I need to make changes in the server.xml of tomcat/conf...Is there any way to do this?

Please let me know if anybody have clues regarding the same...

Thanks in advance...

RE: Tomcat(8080) - Solr(80) port setup confusion??

Jae Joo-2
As I know that tomcat is the server to support servlet and jsp and solr is just one of application of tomcat.

So, theer is no meaning of port# of Solr.

Thanks

Jae

Hi All,

I have installed solr through tomcat(5.5.23). Its up and running on port
8080. Its like, if tomcat is running, solr is running and vice versa. I need
tomcat on 8080 and solr on 80 port...Is this possible? Do I need to make
changes in the server.xml of tomcat/conf...Is there any way to do this?

Please let me know if anybody have clues regarding the same...

Thanks in advance...

RE: Tomcat(8080) - Solr(80) port setup confusion??

newBea
Thanks for the reply...

Ya tomcat is an application server for web applications. However as we can start solr on any port using jetty server as given below...

Jetty.xml in apache-solr-1.1.0.0(Release version)\example\etc

 <Set name="Port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8983"/></Set>

Above the default attribute can be any port unless n until it is not occupied.

Like above, is there any way in tomcat to set port for solr...

Thanks

Jae Joo-2 wrote