Unable to format namenode

Brendan Melville
When running the command bin/hadoop namenode -format, the config file is
parsed, and then I am dropped back to the shell.  Does anyone have
experience with such an issue?

Thank you.
Brendan

Re: Unable to format namenode

Czollli
Hi,

I also experienced that with latest version 0.8.0, but with the
nightly development versions it works.

Zoltan

2006/11/27, Brendan Melville <[hidden email]>:
> When running the command bin/hadoop namenode -format, the config file is
> parsed, and then I am dropped back to the shell.  Does anyone have
> experience with such an issue?
>
> Thank you.
> Brendan

Re: Unable to format namenode

Sanjay Dahiya-3
This bug has been fixed, please take a look at http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-682

~Sanjay