Upgrade solr from 7.2.1 to 8.2

Rahul Goswami
Hello,

We are planning to upgrade our SolrCloud cluster from 7.2.1 (hosted on
Windows server) to 8.2.
I read the documentation
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_2/major-changes-in-solr-8.html#upgrade-prerequisites>
which mentions that I need to be on Solr 7.3 and higher to be able to
upgrade to 8.x. I want to know if this is a hard requirement or a
requirement for rolling upgrades (?).
Let's say I am fine with bringing the whole cluster down and upgrade all
the nodes to Solr 8.2, and then bring up one node at a time. Will it be ok
to upgrade directly from 7.2.1 to 8.2 in that case?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rahul

Re: Upgrade solr from 7.2.1 to 8.2

Rahul Goswami
Hello,

Just wanted to follow up in case my question fell through the cracks :)
Would appreciate help on this.

Thanks,
Rahul