Use a different folder for schema.xml

Alex Cougarman
Hi. For our Solr instance, we need to put the schema.xml file in a different location than where it resides now. Is this possible? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Alex

Re: Use a different folder for schema.xml

Lance Norskog-2
It is possible to store the entire conf/ directory somewhere. To store
only the schema.xml file, try soft links or the XML include feature:
conf/schema.xml includes from somewhere else.

Lance Norskog

RE: Use a different folder for schema.xml

Alex Cougarman
Thanks, Lance. Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by soft links/XML include feature? Can you provide an example? Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Alex

Lance Norskog

Re: Use a different folder for schema.xml

Ravish Bhagdev
You can include one xml file into another, something like

   1. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
   2. <!DOCTYPE document [ <!ENTITY  resourcedb SYSTEM
   3. 'file:/some/absolute/path/a.xml'> ]>
   4. <resource>
   5. <childofb>&resourcedb;<childofb>
   6. </resource>