Using alternate index directory

pgwillia
Hi All,

    I would like to use two lucene indexes built outside of solr in a solr
project.  The indexes do not live in the same path as the solr project,
nor do the resulting files live in a folder called 'index'.  Does solr
allow for this?  If not where should I look to adapt to my desired
behavior?

Thanks,
Tricia

Re: Using alternate index directory

Yonik Seeley
Hi Tricia,

You could use a symlink to point "index" to the real index directory, or
specify an alternate dataDir in solrconfig.xml
An example is right at the top of the example solrconfig.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

-Yonik