Using score in FunctionQuery

Yoav Caspi
Hi,

Is it possible to use Lucene similarity score in a FunctionQuery (in dismax
boost function, for example) as part of a function?

I would like to use a more complex boosting function, which uses more than
simple boosting addition (for example a*score+b).

Thanks

Re: Using score in FunctionQuery

hossman

: Is it possible to use Lucene similarity score in a FunctionQuery (in dismax
: boost function, for example) as part of a function?

I don't think so ... not directly anyway.

FunctionQueries just contribute to the final Lucene score as an additional
Query clause.

(but there might be a ValueSource i'm not immediately remembering that you
could use to do something like in your own custom handler or component)

-Hoss