Using util.Optional instead of a raw null?

Using util.Optional instead of a raw null?

Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Hi *,
I have a general question about using Optional instead of a raw null:
I have noticed that some functions in Solr are dealing with input parameters that might be null, these parameters might be wrapped into Optional - to avoid forgetting that they might be nulls and also to make clear that they are.. optional.

both originalSortValue and schemaField are optional, and we might declare them Optional.
any opinion?

Cheers,
Diego

Cheers,