VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Robert Muir
artifacts are here:

http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.0aRC1-rev1353699/

Here is my +1

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Simon Willnauer
Ran smoke tester and pushed the jars into my 4.0 apps everything looks
good to me.

here is my +1 (binding)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> artifacts are here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.0aRC1-rev1353699/
>
> Here is my +1
>
> --
> lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Ryan McKinley
+1

I dropped the .jar files into my app and everything looks good.

Thanks Robert!

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> artifacts are here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.0aRC1-rev1353699/
>
> Here is my +1
>
> --
> lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Antoine LE FLOC'H
Hello

Thanks a lot for creating this alpha version. It is very helpful. Everything builds fine from the src, but I get this error when putting the war on tomcat:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201203.mbox/%3CCA+GXEZHy0+NROXmGaMKasqL8i3zVBZuwBEgFTcMN8T9kdF1qqw@...%3E
Are you aware of this error ? Thanks again.

Antoine LE FLOC'H

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

I dropped the .jar files into my app and everything looks good.

Thanks Robert!

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> artifacts are here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.0aRC1-rev1353699/
>
> Here is my +1
>
> --
> lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Simon Willnauer
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks a lot for creating this alpha version. It is very helpful. Everything
> builds fine from the src, but I get this error when putting the war on
> tomcat:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201203.mbox/%3CCA+GXEZHy0+NROXmGaMKasqL8i3zVBZuwBEgFTcMN8T9kdF1qqw@...%3E
> Are you aware of this error ? Thanks again.

that seems worth an issue. is there one already?

simon

> Antoine LE FLOC'H
>

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I dropped the .jar files into my app and everything looks good.
>>
>> Thanks Robert!
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > artifacts are here:
>> >

>> > http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.0aRC1-rev1353699/
>> >
>> > Here is my +1
>> >
>> > --
>> > lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Stefan Matheis
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> that seems worth an issue. is there one already?

not yet, there was one comment on SOLR-3238 but no further comment.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H wrote:
> Are you aware of this error ? Thanks again.

Antoine, would you mind to open one and provide some infos? This error will show up if there's a problem accessing /admin/system, i guess that should be our starting point

Stefan

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Antoine LE FLOC'H
I was actually using a solrconfig.xml that is too old for this version.

catalina.out  gave me some erros on <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex>, so I took the solrconfig.xml from your alpha package and it worked fine.

I haven't been able to totally check everything yet because I am using a Solrj 3.6 indexing client and I had some content type issues in catalina.out. I am working on it.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Stefan Matheis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> that seems worth an issue. is there one already?

not yet, there was one comment on SOLR-3238 but no further comment.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H wrote:
> Are you aware of this error ? Thanks again.

Antoine, would you mind to open one and provide some infos? This error will show up if there's a problem accessing /admin/system, i guess that should be our starting point

Stefan

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Antoine LE FLOC'H

Using SolrJ from the alpha, everything works. Go for it !

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was actually using a solrconfig.xml that is too old for this version.

catalina.out  gave me some erros on <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex>, so I took the solrconfig.xml from your alpha package and it worked fine.

I haven't been able to totally check everything yet because I am using a Solrj 3.6 indexing client and I had some content type issues in catalina.out. I am working on it.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Stefan Matheis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> that seems worth an issue. is there one already?

not yet, there was one comment on SOLR-3238 but no further comment.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H wrote:
> Are you aware of this error ? Thanks again.

Antoine, would you mind to open one and provide some infos? This error will show up if there's a problem accessing /admin/system, i guess that should be our starting point

Stefan

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Erick Erickson
But what about feature <all my favorites here>. Which means I haven't
gotten off my butt and moved them forward. Waiting for the elves isn't
working <G>....

+1, go for it. We can't continue waiting for the elves, they unionized
and are demanding some time off for sleep....

Erick

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using SolrJ from the alpha, everything works. Go for it !
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I was actually using a solrconfig.xml that is too old for this version.
>>
>> catalina.out  gave me some erros on <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex>, so I
>> took the solrconfig.xml from your alpha package and it worked fine.
>>
>> I haven't been able to totally check everything yet because I am using a
>> Solrj 3.6 indexing client and I had some content type issues in
>> catalina.out. I am working on it.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Stefan Matheis
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> not yet, there was one comment on SOLR-3238 but no further comment.

>>> Antoine, would you mind to open one and provide some infos? This error
>>> will show up if there's a problem accessing /admin/system, i guess that
>>> should be our starting point
>>>

>>> Stefan

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Erik Hatcher-4
Yeah, I've got a bunch of outstanding ideas/JIRA's myself, but none of which affect the index format or anything low-level.

I'm assuming that we'll allow a whole bunch of non-index-breaking things to occur after alpha is released.

So here's my +1: I've been using trunk for quite a while now in a number of scenarios.

        Erik

On Jun 27, 2012, at 08:53 , Erick Erickson wrote:

> But what about feature <all my favorites here>. Which means I haven't
> gotten off my butt and moved them forward. Waiting for the elves isn't
> working <G>....
>
> +1, go for it. We can't continue waiting for the elves, they unionized
> and are demanding some time off for sleep....
>
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Using SolrJ from the alpha, everything works. Go for it !
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Antoine LE FLOC'H <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was actually using a solrconfig.xml that is too old for this version.
>>>
>>> catalina.out  gave me some erros on <indexDefaults> and <mainIndex>, so I
>>> took the solrconfig.xml from your alpha package and it worked fine.
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to totally check everything yet because I am using a
>>> Solrj 3.6 indexing client and I had some content type issues in
>>> catalina.out. I am working on it.

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Mark Miller-3

On Jun 27, 2012, at 9:12 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I'm assuming that we'll allow a whole bunch of non-index-breaking things to occur after alpha is released.

Yup - I certainly have a few things to do for a Solr 4 still.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)

Li Li

what new features are added to 4.0 alpha? which is not finished for 4.0 final release?

在 2012-6-26 凌晨5:28,"Robert Muir" <[hidden email]>写道:

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2012, at 9:12 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming that we'll allow a whole bunch of non-index-breaking things to occur after alpha is released.
>
> Yup - I certainly have a few things to do for a Solr 4 still.

This is absolutely the intent here: supporting the lucene index format
like a real release might be enough for many folks that would
otherwise be scared of trunk to try this out.

So we should keep adding features and breaking apis without fear.

We should even continue making improvements to the index format (but
in a backwards compatible way!!!!)

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: VOTE: 4.0 alpha (take two)