[VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

[VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

As discussed before, I think we're ready to graduating from the
Incubator to a Lucene subproject. The graduation process (described in
[1]) happens in three stages:

    1) Community Graduation Vote by the Tika community
    2) Subproject Acceptance Vote by the Lucene PMC
    3) Graduation Approval Vote by the Incubator PMC

That's quite a bit of voting, so let's get started!

This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

    [ ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject
    [ ] -1 Let's not graduate yet

If you are a member of the Lucene or Incubator PMC, and want your vote
counted as binding also in the potential followup votes, please note
that in your vote message and I'll count your vote also later in the
process. This way you won't need to repeat your vote multiple times.

My vote is +1 (binding also for the Incubator PMC)

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

David Meikle
2008/10/17 Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]>

> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>
>    [ ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject
>    [ ] -1 Let's not graduate yet

+1 from me.

Cheers,
Dave

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Brian Levay
My vote is +1

--Brian

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Niall Pemberton
+1  (binding also for the Incubator PMC)

Niall

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As discussed before, I think we're ready to graduating from the
> Incubator to a Lucene subproject. The graduation process (described in
> [1]) happens in three stages:
>
>    1) Community Graduation Vote by the Tika community
>    2) Subproject Acceptance Vote by the Lucene PMC
>    3) Graduation Approval Vote by the Incubator PMC
>
> That's quite a bit of voting, so let's get started!
>
> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>
>    [ ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject
>    [ ] -1 Let's not graduate yet
>
> If you are a member of the Lucene or Incubator PMC, and want your vote
> counted as binding also in the potential followup votes, please note
> that in your vote message and I'll count your vote also later in the
> process. This way you won't need to repeat your vote multiple times.
>
> My vote is +1 (binding also for the Incubator PMC)
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

chrismattmann
I'm so happy that Tika has got to this point. Thanks for everyone's
contributions, especially yours Jukka.

An emphatic +1.

Cheers,
 Chris

On 10/16/08 7:34 PM, "Niall Pemberton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1  (binding also for the Incubator PMC)
>
> Niall
>
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As discussed before, I think we're ready to graduating from the
>> Incubator to a Lucene subproject. The graduation process (described in
>> [1]) happens in three stages:
>>
>>    1) Community Graduation Vote by the Tika community
>>    2) Subproject Acceptance Vote by the Lucene PMC
>>    3) Graduation Approval Vote by the Incubator PMC
>>
>> That's quite a bit of voting, so let's get started!
>>
>> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
>> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>>
>>    [ ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject
>>    [ ] -1 Let's not graduate yet
>>
>> If you are a member of the Lucene or Incubator PMC, and want your vote
>> counted as binding also in the potential followup votes, please note
>> that in your vote message and I'll count your vote also later in the
>> process. This way you won't need to repeat your vote multiple times.
>>
>> My vote is +1 (binding also for the Incubator PMC)
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

thorsten
On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 01:24 +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

+1

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Jérôme Charron-2
+1

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Thorsten Scherler <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 01:24 +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > Hi,

> > This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> > graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>
> +1
>
> salu2
> --
> Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
> Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse
Tel: +33673716743 - [hidden email]
http://blog.shopreflex.com/
http://www.shopreflex.com/
http://www.staragora.com/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Jérôme Charron

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse
Tel: +33673716743 - [hidden email]
http://blog.shopreflex.com/
http://www.shopreflex.com/
http://www.staragora.com/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Paolo Mottadelli
That is great news and a good point to mention in my presentation at ApacheCon.
+1

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Thorsten Scherler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 01:24 +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi,

>> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
>> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>
> +1
>
> salu2
> --
> Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
> Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions

Paolo Mottadelli: http://www.paolomottadelli.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    [X ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject

(binding w.r.t incubator PMC)

Thanks to all for making this happen!

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi there,

+1

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Sami Siren-2
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

+1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (binding also for the Lucene PMC)

--
 Sami Siren

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Grant Ingersoll-2
+1.  I guess that is binding for both #2 and #3.  IMO, Lucene is glad
to have you!

On Oct 16, 2008, at 7:24 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As discussed before, I think we're ready to graduating from the
> Incubator to a Lucene subproject. The graduation process (described in
> [1]) happens in three stages:
>
>    1) Community Graduation Vote by the Tika community
>    2) Subproject Acceptance Vote by the Lucene PMC
>    3) Graduation Approval Vote by the Incubator PMC
>
> That's quite a bit of voting, so let's get started!
>
> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.
>
>    [ ] +1 Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject
>    [ ] -1 Let's not graduate yet
>
> If you are a member of the Lucene or Incubator PMC, and want your vote
> counted as binding also in the potential followup votes, please note
> that in your vote message and I'll count your vote also later in the
> process. This way you won't need to repeat your vote multiple times.
>
> My vote is +1 (binding also for the Incubator PMC)
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

[RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Community Graduation Vote)

Jukka Zitting

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This first vote is for the Tika community to decide whether we want to
> graduate to Lucene. This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

This vote passes with the following 7 binding +1 and 5 non-binding +1 votes.

Binding votes (Tika PPMC):

   +1 Bertrand Delacretaz
   +1 Chris Mattmann
   +1 Dave Meikle
   +1 Jérôme Charron
   +1 Jukka Zitting
   +1 Niall Pemberton
   +1 Sami Siren

Non-binding votes:

   +1 Brian Levay
   +1 Grant Ingersoll
   +1 Karl Heinz Marbaise
   +1 Paolo Mottadelli
   +1 Thorsten Scherler

Thanks for voting! I'll follow up with the Lucene and Incubator PMCs.

BR,

Jukka Zitting