[VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Matt Foley-2
Hi,
There has been a request from several PMC members for a maintenance release
of hadoop-1.0.
Please download and test this release candidate, Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0.

It is available at http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/
or from the Nexus maven repo.

Release notes are at
http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/releasenotes.html

Vote will run for 1 week as usual, terminating at 2pm PDT, Thur 11 Oct 2012.

Thank you,
--Matt Foley
Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Eli Collins
+1

Thanks Matt.  I verified the signatures and ran some basic MR jobs.

Btw, it would be good to update the public KEYS repo with your key as
well.  See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease.

Thanks,
Eli

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> There has been a request from several PMC members for a maintenance release
> of hadoop-1.0.
> Please download and test this release candidate, Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0.
>
> It is available at http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/
> or from the Nexus maven repo.
>
> Release notes are at
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/releasenotes.html
>
> Vote will run for 1 week as usual, terminating at 2pm PDT, Thur 11 Oct 2012.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt Foley
> Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Arpit Gupta
+1 (non binding)

ran regression tests and no issues were found.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On Oct 4, 2012, at 1:59 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> There has been a request from several PMC members for a maintenance release
> of hadoop-1.0.
> Please download and test this release candidate, Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0.
>
> It is available at http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/
> or from the Nexus maven repo.
>
> Release notes are at
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/releasenotes.html
>
> Vote will run for 1 week as usual, terminating at 2pm PDT, Thur 11 Oct 2012.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt Foley
> Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Aaron T. Myers
+1 (binding)

I verified the signatures and checksums of both the binary and source
artifacts. I built the source and ran some basic MR jobs from both the
build I made myself and the binary artifacts you provided. Everything
worked as expected.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> There has been a request from several PMC members for a maintenance release
> of hadoop-1.0.
> Please download and test this release candidate, Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0.
>
> It is available at http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/
> or from the Nexus maven repo.
>
> Release notes are at
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/releasenotes.html
>
> Vote will run for 1 week as usual, terminating at 2pm PDT, Thur 11 Oct
> 2012.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt Foley
> Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Arun Murthy
+1

Verified signatures and ran randomwriter/sort and pi on a single node cluster.

Thanks Matt!

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Matt Foley
Hi Eli,
Thanks for the suggestion.  Looks like this has gotten fleshed out a little
more since I started doing releases.

I've had my key posted at MIT since the beginning.  I've now also uploaded
it to the PGP Global Directory, and uploaded the key fingerprint to my
profile at id.apache.org.

However, when I tried to commit it to
KEYS<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS>,
I got error "svn:  access to
'/repos/asf/!svn/act/69e4489f-fcdc-45b3-9a14-637b3a078b13' forbidden".
 Also, at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/readme.txt it
says:

To generate the KEYS file, use:

% wget https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc > KEYS

which would seem to argue against simply committing changes to KEYS.  Yet
the file at https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc
is considerably behind the file at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS

Any idea what the correct resolution of this is?  Or should I ping
infra@for the correct instructions?

Thanks,
--Matt

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Eli Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Btw, it would be good to update the public KEYS repo with your key as
> well.  See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Eli Collins
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eli,
> Thanks for the suggestion.  Looks like this has gotten fleshed out a little
> more since I started doing releases.
>
> I've had my key posted at MIT since the beginning.  I've now also uploaded
> it to the PGP Global Directory, and uploaded the key fingerprint to my
> profile at id.apache.org.
>
> However, when I tried to commit it to
> KEYS<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS>,
> I got error "svn:  access to
> '/repos/asf/!svn/act/69e4489f-fcdc-45b3-9a14-637b3a078b13' forbidden".
>  Also, at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/readme.txt it
> says:
>

> To generate the KEYS file, use:
>
> % wget https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc > KEYS
>
> which would seem to argue against simply committing changes to KEYS.  Yet
> the file at https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc
> is considerably behind the file at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
>
> Any idea what the correct resolution of this is?  Or should I ping
> infra@for the correct instructions?

Bobby, you just updated the KEYS file right? Did you run into any of
these issues?

Thanks,
Eli

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Robert Evans
I had to also update id.apache.org because the maven repo started to
complain that it didn't know who I was. I didn't have any issues checking
in my updated keys to the svn repo though.

--Bobby

On 10/9/12 5:38 PM, "Eli Collins" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Eli,
>> Thanks for the suggestion.  Looks like this has gotten fleshed out a
>>little
>> more since I started doing releases.
>>
>> I've had my key posted at MIT since the beginning.  I've now also
>>uploaded
>> it to the PGP Global Directory, and uploaded the key fingerprint to my
>> profile at id.apache.org.
>>
>> However, when I tried to commit it to
>> KEYS<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS>,
>> I got error "svn:  access to
>> '/repos/asf/!svn/act/69e4489f-fcdc-45b3-9a14-637b3a078b13' forbidden".
>>  Also, at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/readme.txt
>>it
>> says:
>>

>> To generate the KEYS file, use:
>>
>> % wget https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc > KEYS
>>
>> which would seem to argue against simply committing changes to KEYS.
>>Yet
>> the file at https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hadoop.asc
>> is considerably behind the file at
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
>>
>> Any idea what the correct resolution of this is?  Or should I ping
>> infra@for the correct instructions?
>
>Bobby, you just updated the KEYS file right? Did you run into any of
>these issues?
>
>Thanks,
>Eli

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Matt Foley-2
Please vote.  Vote on 1.0.4-rc0 closes tomorrow.  Vote on 1.1.0-rc5 closes
Friday.
Thank you,
--Matt

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> There has been a request from several PMC members for a maintenance
> release of hadoop-1.0.
> Please download and test this release candidate, Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0.
>
> It is available at http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/
> or from the Nexus maven repo.
>
> Release notes are at
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.4-rc0/releasenotes.html
>
> Vote will run for 1 week as usual, terminating at 2pm PDT, Thur 11 Oct
> 2012.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt Foley
> Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Owen O'Malley
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please vote.  Vote on 1.0.4-rc0 closes tomorrow.  Vote on 1.1.0-rc5 closes
> Friday.

+1 on 1.0.4-rc0. I checked the signatures, compiled, and tested it.

-- Owen

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.4-rc0

Matt Foley-2
With a vote of 5 binding +1's, 2 non-binding +1's, and no -1's, the vote
for Hadoop-1.0.4 passes.
I am in process of publishing it, and will then announce to general@.

Thank you,
--Matt