[VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

[VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Matt Foley-2
Colleagues,
This is a stabilization release of the Hadoop-1.2 codeline.  It has 18
patches over the 1.2.0 release, which may be seen in the Release
Notes<http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html>.
 Please vote on two items:
a) accepting this as an Apache Hadoop release; and
b) accepting this as a Stable Release.

If you vote against accepting it as stable, please state the Jiras you
believe need to be fixed in the 1.2 line that would allow you to accept it
as stable.

If 1.2.1 is accepted as stable, I will move on and produce a 1.3.0 release.
 My build environment seems to be fixed up (thanks Giri!) so it shouldn't
take so long to put 1.3.0-rc0 out.

Release information and artifacts for 1.2.1-rc0:
Source code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.2.1-rc0/
Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html
Tarballs, RPMs, and DEBs: http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/
Nexus:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/1.2.1/

Voting will close in seven days, at 2:15pm PDT on 7/31/2013.
Thank you,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Jun Ping Du
I run some simple jobs (teragen, terasort, etc.) on a 7 nodes cluster deployed with 1.2.1-rc0 and tried configure with new topology layer - node group. Everything seems to be fine so far.
So +1 (non-binding).

Thanks,

Junping

Thank you,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (non binding)

I tested with some of my jobs without issue.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Chris Douglas
+1 (binding)

Checksum and signature match, brought up a single-node cluster, ran
some sample jobs. -C

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colleagues,
> This is a stabilization release of the Hadoop-1.2 codeline.  It has 18
> patches over the 1.2.0 release, which may be seen in the Release
> Notes<http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html>.
>  Please vote on two items:
> a) accepting this as an Apache Hadoop release; and
> b) accepting this as a Stable Release.
>
> If you vote against accepting it as stable, please state the Jiras you
> believe need to be fixed in the 1.2 line that would allow you to accept it
> as stable.
>
> If 1.2.1 is accepted as stable, I will move on and produce a 1.3.0 release.
>  My build environment seems to be fixed up (thanks Giri!) so it shouldn't
> take so long to put 1.3.0-rc0 out.
>
> Release information and artifacts for 1.2.1-rc0:
> Source code:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.2.1-rc0/
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html
> Tarballs, RPMs, and DEBs: http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/
> Nexus:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/1.2.1/
>
> Voting will close in seven days, at 2:15pm PDT on 7/31/2013.
> Thank you,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Suresh Srinivas-2
+1 (binding)

Ran some HDFS commands, TestDFSIO and few other sample jobs on a single
node cluster. Verified the signature as well.

Regards,
Suresh

http://hortonworks.com/download/

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Luke Lu-2
+1 (binding).

Verified digests and gpg signature. Started a non-secure single node
cluster; ran a few fs commands, some example mr jobs. Verified node-group
topology functional tests on a 4 physical host 8 virtual node cluster.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colleagues,
> This is a stabilization release of the Hadoop-1.2 codeline.  It has 18
> patches over the 1.2.0 release, which may be seen in the Release
> Notes<
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html>.
>  Please vote on two items:
> a) accepting this as an Apache Hadoop release; and
> b) accepting this as a Stable Release.
>
> If you vote against accepting it as stable, please state the Jiras you
> believe need to be fixed in the 1.2 line that would allow you to accept it
> as stable.
>
> If 1.2.1 is accepted as stable, I will move on and produce a 1.3.0 release.
>  My build environment seems to be fixed up (thanks Giri!) so it shouldn't
> take so long to put 1.3.0-rc0 out.
>
> Release information and artifacts for 1.2.1-rc0:
> Source code:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.2.1-rc0/
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/releasenotes-1.2.1.html
> Tarballs, RPMs, and DEBs:
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.1-rc0/
> Nexus:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/1.2.1/
>
> Voting will close in seven days, at 2:15pm PDT on 7/31/2013.
> Thank you,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.2.1 release candidate 0 -- stable release

Matt Foley-2
Thanks to all who voted.  Including my own +1, the final tally is:
+1 binding: 4
+1 non-binding: 2
-1 or 0: none

The vote passes, and we have a new stable release 1.2.1.  I will finish
publishing the release Friday, since I am currently out of town on vacation.

Best regards,
--Matt
(release manager)