[VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Mark Miller-3
Let's try this again:

Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2

CHANGES are spelled out at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/branches/branch-1.4/CHANGES.txt

Happy testing.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Chris Hostetter-3

: Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
: http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2

+1 for the following artifacts...

$ md5sum apache-solr-1.4.1.*
258a020ed8c3f44e13b09e8ae46a1c84  apache-solr-1.4.1.tgz
402ca1787d08b8f768bd4628f73faa51  apache-solr-1.4.1.zip

### Things I looked at

 - recursive diff of tgz and zip artifacts to make sure they match
   - ignoring line endings for obvious reasons
 - basic usage of example via the tutorial
 - recursive diff of rc1 with rc2
   - verify that file lists are the same, except where expected
   - detailed reviewed all src diffs

### Notes

Only src changes from rc1 are build.xml fixes mark made, and the
StreamingUpdateSolrServer bug fix yonik added to the branch after rc1

--

I didn't notice before, but for some reason the rc1 javadocs didn't
properly link to external javadocs (perhaps miller wasn't online when

--

Previously noted odditys from rc1 that are now missing: bin dir,
multiple velocity jars, uncompressed war, example data & logs

--

version info still indicates local modifications from svn (955763M) but as
mentioned w/rc1, this isn't relaly a blocker (alltough it's a

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Mark Miller-3
On 6/18/10 4:52 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> version info still indicates local modifications from svn (955763M) but as
> mentioned w/rc1, this isn't relaly a blocker (alltough it's a
> littlesuprising since mark's build.xml changes were ment to prevent this)

I don't know what this is - I have 0 files modified. If I try and commit
with eclipse, there are no files to commit.
--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Bill Au
+1

I tested it with my app which has custom analysis filer, handler, parser, and update processor.  Everything works without any problem.

Bill

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 6/18/10 4:52 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

version info still indicates local modifications from svn (955763M) but as
mentioned w/rc1, this isn't relaly a blocker (alltough it's a
littlesuprising since mark's build.xml changes were ment to prevent this)

I don't know what this is - I have 0 files modified. If I try and commit with eclipse, there are no files to commit.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Yonik Seeley-2-2

On 6/21/10 1:39 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Mark Miller<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2
>
> +1
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

+1 as well -

I spent a good amount of time using meld to compare the 1.4 and 1.4.1
releases, I've spot checked a good amount of docs, I've run through the
examples again, and I've done a variety of manual spot checks.

Didn't see anything that was worth calling for a respin and new rc.

Technically this vote has passed, but please feel free to continue
voting. I'll get working on the final pre/post steps of release as soon
as I get a chance.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Ryan McKinley
dropped into existing 1.4 product -- all dependent tests pass and
things behave good

+1

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Let's try this again:
>
> Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2
>
> CHANGES are spelled out at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/branches/branch-1.4/CHANGES.txt
>
> Happy testing.
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Erik Hatcher-4
+1 from me as well.  Testing it out with various examples I have
laying around, no problems.

        Erik

On Jun 21, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> On 6/21/10 1:39 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Mark
>> Miller<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
>>> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2
>>
>> +1
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com

> +1 as well -
>
> I spent a good amount of time using meld to compare the 1.4 and
> 1.4.1 releases, I've spot checked a good amount of docs, I've run
> through the examples again, and I've done a variety of manual spot
> checks.
>
> Didn't see anything that was worth calling for a respin and new rc.
>
> Technically this vote has passed, but please feel free to continue
> voting. I'll get working on the final pre/post steps of release as
> soon as I get a chance.

> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Uwe Schindler
Hi Mark,

Looks good from here! I unpacked the tarball and ran the example
applications, reviewed docs and so on. No problems here, but no intensive
testing in production :-)

+1 to release that!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> Please vote on releasing the Solr 1.4.1 artifacts located at
> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/rc2
>
> CHANGES are spelled out at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/branches/branch-
> 1.4/CHANGES.txt
>
> Happy testing.
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Julien Coloos
Hi,

Is there any chance for the patch posted on issue SOLR-1283 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1283) to be integrated in the forthcoming release ?
It appears this old issue is still present in 1.4.1 rc2.

Regards.
Julien Coloos

Re: [VOTE] RC2 Release Solr 1.4.1

Chris Hostetter-3
: Is there any chance for the patch posted on issue SOLR-1283 (
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1283) to be integrated in the
: forthcoming release ?
: It appears this old issue is still present in 1.4.1 rc2.

Julien:

I'm afraid it's definitely too late for it to make it into 1.4.1 -- by the
looks of it it was already too late when you sent your email (i think
timing wise the release was already official, there just hadn't been an
announcement yet while miller was waiting for it to hit the mirrors)

Sometimes patches slip through the cracks, and that seems to be what
happened with your patch in SOLR-1283 -- i'm not familiar enough with that
code to commit to feel comfortable committing it myself -- but i've
flagged it in Jira in hopes that someone who is might take a look.