[VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

[VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

Matt Foley-2
Hi all,
I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
been
for branch-1.0.

There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
line, so I anticipate
the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
before possibly calling
a vote on it.  Sound okay?

Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
vote
on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
7pm PDT.

Best regards,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

Konstantin Boudnik-2
+1

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 06:52PM, Matt Foley wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
> and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
> I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
> been
> for branch-1.0.
>
> There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
> line, so I anticipate
> the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
> before possibly calling
> a vote on it.  Sound okay?
>
> Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
> vote
> on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
> 7pm PDT.
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

Eli Collins
+1   Thanks Matt

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
> and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
> I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
> been
> for branch-1.0.
>
> There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
> line, so I anticipate
> the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
> before possibly calling
> a vote on it.  Sound okay?
>
> Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
> vote
> on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
> 7pm PDT.
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

Aaron T. Myers
Sounds good to me. Thanks a lot, Matt.

+1 (binding)

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
> and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
> I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
> been
> for branch-1.0.
>
> There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
> line, so I anticipate
> the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
> before possibly calling
> a vote on it.  Sound okay?
>
> Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
> vote
> on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
> 7pm PDT.
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

samir.helpdoc@gmail.com
+1 Thanks Mattf

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
> and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
> I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
> been
> for branch-1.0.
>
> There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
> line, so I anticipate
> the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
> before possibly calling
> a vote on it.  Sound okay?
>
> Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
> vote
> on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
> 7pm PDT.
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt

Re: [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

Matt Foley-2
The vote has closed, 5 +1's (4 binding, 1 non-binding), no zeros or -1's.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I am in process of making the branch, and will announce it on general@ when
ready.
Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0 should be available after the weekend.