[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

12

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Sangjin Lee
Hi folks,

I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.

Below are the details of this release candidate:

The RC is available for validation at:
http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.

The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.

The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.

You can find my public key at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!

Regards,
Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Chris Trezzo
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks for cutting another release candidate Sangjin!

1. Diff'ed the CHANGES-*.txt files against the branch-2.6.5 git log and
verified the set of listed issues matches.
2. Verified md5 checksums and signature on src and binary tar.gz.
3. Built from source.
4. Started up a pseudo distributed cluster.
5. Successfully ran a PI job.
6. Ran the balancer.
7. Inspected UI for RM, NN, JobHistory.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
>
> Below are the details of this release candidate:
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
>
> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
>
> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.
>
> You can find my public key at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
>
> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Brahma Reddy Battula-2
Thanks Sangjin!

+1 ( non- binding)

--Downloaded the source and complied

--Installed HA cluster

--Verified basic fsshell commands

--Ran pi,terasort Slive jobs, all works fine.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Akira AJISAKA
Hi Sangjin,

When using binary tarball, I'm seeing
"2016-09-27T18:26Z by sjlee from branch-2.6.5" in Web UI.
Can we rename it?

AFAIK, hadoop releases were built by hortonmu in 2014 and was renamed to
jenkins.

*
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-dev/201401.mbox/%3CCAJs-t7NiJAJceO=6L8vr1uOr-Es=Z1y-UfkQXr8Ya5hq3-D23Q@...%3E
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10313

Regards,
Akira

On 10/3/16 09:12, Sangjin Lee wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
>
> Below are the details of this release candidate:
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
>
> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
>
> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.
>
> You can find my public key at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
>
> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Allen Wittenauer-6

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can we rename it?
>
> AFAIK, hadoop releases were built by hortonmu in 2014 and was renamed to jenkins.

        That's not how that works.

        It's literally storing the id of the person who built the classes.  It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Rohith Sharma K S-3
+1 ( non- binding)

--Downloaded source and built from it.
--Installed 3 node cluster with HA deployed.
—Ran sample MR jobs and tested with basics operations.
— Integrated JCarder tool to find any potential deadlock cycles. And did  not observe any potential cycles.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

> On Oct 3, 2016, at 5:42 AM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
>
> Below are the details of this release candidate:
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
>
> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
>
> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.
>
> You can find my public key at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
>
> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Akira AJISAKA
 > It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by
and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's
insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.

Sorry for the confusion. I should not have used the word 'rename'.
What I meant is that "would you change the name to 'jenkins' by using
the Jenkins infra?"

Regards,
Akira

On 10/7/16 03:04, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

>> On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can we rename it?
>>
>> AFAIK, hadoop releases were built by hortonmu in 2014 and was renamed to jenkins.
>
> That's not how that works.
>
> It's literally storing the id of the person who built the classes.  It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Sangjin Lee
I looked into building it on jenkins earlier, but it appears that this
jenkins job is busted (at least for 2.6.x):
https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/

I don't have access to the job configuration, so I'm unable to fix it atm.

That said, I do think Allen has a point. It strikes me that the release
manager building it under his/her own control shouldn't be a problem, if
not better. Also, the how-to-release wiki currently seems to suggest
building it locally is fine (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease).

IMO I don't think this is a blocker. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sangjin

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by
> and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's
> insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I should not have used the word 'rename'.
> What I meant is that "would you change the name to 'jenkins' by using the
> Jenkins infra?"
>
> Regards,
> Akira
>

> On 10/7/16 03:04, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
>

>> On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>> Can we rename it?
>>>
>>> AFAIK, hadoop releases were built by hortonmu in 2014 and was renamed to
>>> jenkins.
>>>

>>         That's not how that works.
>>
>>         It's literally storing the id of the person who built the
>> classes.  It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually
>> built by and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad
>> idea:  it's insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Andrew Wang
I don't think it's a blocker, though I wonder what the point of that date
and attribution are on the WebUI.

Maybe file a follow-on JIRA to remove it for the future?

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I looked into building it on jenkins earlier, but it appears that this
> jenkins job is busted (at least for 2.6.x):
> https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/
>
> I don't have access to the job configuration, so I'm unable to fix it atm.
>
> That said, I do think Allen has a point. It strikes me that the release
> manager building it under his/her own control shouldn't be a problem, if
> not better. Also, the how-to-release wiki currently seems to suggest
> building it locally is fine (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease).
>
> IMO I don't think this is a blocker. Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Sangjin
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > > It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by
> > and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's
> > insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.
> >
> > Sorry for the confusion. I should not have used the word 'rename'.
> > What I meant is that "would you change the name to 'jenkins' by using the
> > Jenkins infra?"
> >
> > Regards,
> > Akira
> >

> > On 10/7/16 03:04, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
> >

> >> On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]>

> >>         That's not how that works.
> >>
> >>         It's literally storing the id of the person who built the
> >> classes.  It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually
> >> built by and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad
> >> idea:  it's insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Sangjin Lee
I think it's a good idea. We can still have the underlying data (in
*-version.properties) but we can consider removing the date and the build
person from the web UI. I'll file a JIRA to consider the idea.

I would greatly appreciate it if you folks can take a little time to take
the RC1 for a spin and vote on it. Tomorrow will be the conclusion of the
vote, and I haven't received many votes yet. Thanks!

Sangjin

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't think it's a blocker, though I wonder what the point of that date
> and attribution are on the WebUI.
>
> Maybe file a follow-on JIRA to remove it for the future?
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I looked into building it on jenkins earlier, but it appears that this
> > jenkins job is busted (at least for 2.6.x):
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/
> >
> > I don't have access to the job configuration, so I'm unable to fix it
> atm.
> >
> > That said, I do think Allen has a point. It strikes me that the release
> > manager building it under his/her own control shouldn't be a problem, if
> > not better. Also, the how-to-release wiki currently seems to suggest
> > building it locally is fine (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease
> ).
> >
> > IMO I don't think this is a blocker. Thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sangjin
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Akira Ajisaka <
> [hidden email]>

> > > and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:
> it's
> > > insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.
> > >
> > > Sorry for the confusion. I should not have used the word 'rename'.
> > > What I meant is that "would you change the name to 'jenkins' by using
> the
> > > Jenkins infra?"
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Akira

> [hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Allen Wittenauer-6

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Akira Ajisaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It wasn't 'renamed' to jenkins, prior releases were actually built by and on the Jenkins infrastructure. Which was a very very bad idea:  it's insecure and pretty much against ASF policy.
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I should not have used the word 'rename'.
> What I meant is that "would you change the name to 'jenkins' by using the Jenkins infra?"

To re-iterate, building on the jenkins servers is a violation of ASF release policy and the PMC pretty much has a duty to vote -1 on any such release.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#owned-controlled-hardware

--snip--

Must releases be built on hardware owned and controlled by the committer?

Practically speaking, when a release consists of anything beyond an archive (e.g., tarball or zip file) of a source control tag, the only practical way to validate that archive is to build it locally; manually inspecting generated files (especially binary files) is not feasible. So, basically, "Yes".

--snip--

The ASF build servers are multi-user and run many many many untested code bases.  It would be extremely easy to inject class files into any running compile (Docker-ized or otherwise).   This means that any build that comes from those servers should be considered untrusted, especially from a release perspective.

For 3.x releases, I rewrote create-release and added the --asfrelease option to specifically provide a way for us to get consistent release candidates regardless of who builds it.  It should also speed up the release process since it also does a lot of the previously manually steps, such as signing.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Masatake Iwasaki
+1(non-binding)

* verified signature and md5.
* built with -Pnative on CentOS6 and OpenJDK7.
* built documentation and skimmed the contents.
* built rpms by bigtop and ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce
on 3-node cluster.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

On 10/3/16 09:12, Sangjin Lee wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
>
> Below are the details of this release candidate:
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
>
> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
>
> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.
>
> You can find my public key at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
>
> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Sangjin Lee
Thanks Masatake!

Today's the last day for this vote, and I'd like to ask you to try out the
RC and vote on this today. So far there has been no binding vote. Thanks
again.

Regards,
Sangjin

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1(non-binding)
>
> * verified signature and md5.
> * built with -Pnative on CentOS6 and OpenJDK7.
> * built documentation and skimmed the contents.
> * built rpms by bigtop and ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce on
> 3-node cluster.
>
> Thanks,
> Masatake Iwasaki
>
> On 10/3/16 09:12, Sangjin Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
>> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
>> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
>>
>> Below are the details of this release candidate:
>>
>> The RC is available for validation at:
>> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
>>
>> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
>> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
>>
>> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1050/.
>>
>> You can find my public key at
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
>>
>> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days. I
>> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Zhihai Xu-3
Thanks Sangjin for creating release 2.6.5 RC1.

+1 (non-binding)

* Downloaded and built from source
* Verified md5 checksums and signature
* Deployed a pseudo cluster
* verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.
* Did a sanity check for RM and NM UI.

Thanks
zhihai

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Masatake!
>
> Today's the last day for this vote, and I'd like to ask you to try out the
> RC and vote on this today. So far there has been no binding vote. Thanks
> again.
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1(non-binding)
> >
> > * verified signature and md5.
> > * built with -Pnative on CentOS6 and OpenJDK7.
> > * built documentation and skimmed the contents.
> > * built rpms by bigtop and ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce on
> > 3-node cluster.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Masatake Iwasaki
> >
> > On 10/3/16 09:12, Sangjin Lee wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> I have pushed a new release candidate (R1) for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5
> >> release (the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). RC1
> >> contains fixes to CHANGES.txt, and is otherwise identical to RC0.
> >>
> >> Below are the details of this release candidate:
> >>
> >> The RC is available for validation at:
> >> http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC1/.
> >>
> >> The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC1 and its git commit is
> >> e8c9fe0b4c252caf2ebf1464220599650f119997.
> >>
> >> The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachehadoop-1050/.
> >>
> >> You can find my public key at
> >> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.
> >>
> >> Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5
> days. I
> >> would greatly appreciate your timely vote. Thanks!
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Wangda Tan
Thanks Sangjin for cutting this release!

+1 (Binding)

- Downloaded binary tar ball and setup a single node cluster.
- Submit a few applications and which can successfully run.

Thanks,
Wangda

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Zhihai Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Sangjin for creating release 2.6.5 RC1.
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> * Downloaded and built from source
> * Verified md5 checksums and signature
> * Deployed a pseudo cluster
> * verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.
> * Did a sanity check for RM and NM UI.
>
> Thanks
> zhihai
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Masatake!
> >
> > Today's the last day for this vote, and I'd like to ask you to try out
> the
> > RC and vote on this today. So far there has been no binding vote. Thanks
> > again.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sangjin
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1(non-binding)
> > >
> > > * verified signature and md5.
> > > * built with -Pnative on CentOS6 and OpenJDK7.
> > > * built documentation and skimmed the contents.
> > > * built rpms by bigtop and ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce
> on
> > > 3-node cluster.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Masatake Iwasaki

> > orgapachehadoop-1050/.

> > days. I

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Andrew Wang
Thanks to Chris and Sangjin for working on this release.

+1 binding

* Verified signatures
* Built from source tarball
* Started HDFS and did some basic ops

Thanks,
Andrew

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Sangjin for cutting this release!
>
> +1 (Binding)
>
> - Downloaded binary tar ball and setup a single node cluster.
> - Submit a few applications and which can successfully run.
>
> Thanks,
> Wangda
>

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Zhihai Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Sangjin for creating release 2.6.5 RC1.
> >
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > * Downloaded and built from source
> > * Verified md5 checksums and signature
> > * Deployed a pseudo cluster
> > * verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.
> > * Did a sanity check for RM and NM UI.
> >
> > Thanks
> > zhihai
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Masatake!
> > >
> > > Today's the last day for this vote, and I'd like to ask you to try out
> > the
> > > RC and vote on this today. So far there has been no binding vote.
> Thanks
> > > again.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Sangjin

> mapreduce
> > on

> 2.6.5
> RC1

> > > orgapachehadoop-1050/.

> > > days. I

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Sangjin Lee
I'm casting my vote: +1 (binding)

Regards,
Sangjin

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks to Chris and Sangjin for working on this release.
>
> +1 binding
>
> * Verified signatures
> * Built from source tarball
> * Started HDFS and did some basic ops
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Sangjin for cutting this release!
> >
> > +1 (Binding)
> >
> > - Downloaded binary tar ball and setup a single node cluster.
> > - Submit a few applications and which can successfully run.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wangda
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Zhihai Xu <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Sangjin for creating release 2.6.5 RC1.
> > >
> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > >
> > > * Downloaded and built from source
> > > * Verified md5 checksums and signature
> > > * Deployed a pseudo cluster
> > > * verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.
> > > * Did a sanity check for RM and NM UI.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > zhihai

> out
> > > the
> > Thanks

> > mapreduce
> > > on

> > 2.6.5
> > RC1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Yongjun Zhang
Hi Sangjin,

Thanks a lot for your work here.

My +1 (binding).

- Downloaded both binary and src tarballs
- Verified md5 checksum and signature for both
- Build from source tarball
- Deployed 2 pseudo clusters, one with the released tarball and the other
with what I built from source, and did the following on both:
    - Run basic HDFS operations, and distcp jobs
    - Run pi job
    - Examined HDFS webui, YARN webui.

Best,

--Yongjun

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm casting my vote: +1 (binding)
>
> Regards,
> Sangjin
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Chris and Sangjin for working on this release.
> >
> > +1 binding
> >
> > * Verified signatures
> > * Built from source tarball
> > * Started HDFS and did some basic ops
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Sangjin for cutting this release!
> > >
> > > +1 (Binding)
> > >
> > > - Downloaded binary tar ball and setup a single node cluster.
> > > - Submit a few applications and which can successfully run.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Wangda

> > out
> > > Thanks

> > > mapreduce

> > > 2.6.5
> line).
> > > RC1
> RC0.

> usual 5

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

Karthik Kambatla-2
Thanks for putting the RC together, Sangjin.

+1 (binding)

Built from source, deployed pseudo distributed cluster and ran some example
MR jobs.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Yongjun Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sangjin,
>
> Thanks a lot for your work here.
>
> My +1 (binding).
>
> - Downloaded both binary and src tarballs
> - Verified md5 checksum and signature for both
> - Build from source tarball
> - Deployed 2 pseudo clusters, one with the released tarball and the other
> with what I built from source, and did the following on both:
>     - Run basic HDFS operations, and distcp jobs
>     - Run pi job
>     - Examined HDFS webui, YARN webui.
>
> Best,
>
> --Yongjun

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Sangjin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm casting my vote: +1 (binding)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sangjin
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks to Chris and Sangjin for working on this release.
> > >
> > > +1 binding
> > >
> > > * Verified signatures
> > > * Built from source tarball
> > > * Started HDFS and did some basic ops
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Andrew

> try
> > > out

> Hadoop
> > line).
> > RC0.

> > usual 5

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC1)

larry mccay-2
+1 (non-binding)

* Downloaded and verified signatures

* Built from source