[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

12

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli-2
Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.

The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for your quick perusal.

As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

larry mccay-2
+1 binding

* downloaded and built from source
* checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
* verified signatures
* ran standalone tests
* installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
* ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
* tested credential command
* tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> hosted this at
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for
> your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release)
> to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked
> below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <
> http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Karthik Kambatla-2
+1 (binding)

* Downloaded and build from source
* Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
* Pseudo-distributed cluster with FairScheduler
* Ran MR and HDFS tests
* Verified basic UI

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM, larry mccay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> * downloaded and built from source
> * checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
> * verified signatures
> * ran standalone tests
> * installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
> * ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
> * tested credential command
> * tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox
>

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
> >
> > As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> > 2.7.2.
> >
> > The RC is available for validation at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
> >
> > The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> > http://repository.apache.org/> at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> <
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> >

> > The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> > hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> > hosted this at
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> > http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
> for
> > your quick perusal.
> >
> > As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> > issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop
> release)
> > to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is
> linked
> > below: [1].
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vinod
> >
> > [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html
> <
> > http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Andrew Wang
I got asked this off-list, so as a reminder, only PMC votes are binding on
releases. Everyone is encouraged to vote on releases though!

+1 (binding)

* Downloaded source, built
* Started up HDFS and YARN
* Ran Pi job which as usual returned 4, and a little teragen

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Karthik Kambatla <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> * Downloaded and build from source
> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
> * Pseudo-distributed cluster with FairScheduler
> * Ran MR and HDFS tests
> * Verified basic UI
>
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM, larry mccay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 binding
> >
> > * downloaded and built from source
> > * checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
> > * verified signatures
> > * ran standalone tests
> > * installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
> > * ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
> > * tested credential command
> > * tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox
> >

> > On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
> > >
> > > As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> > > 2.7.2.
> > >
> > > The RC is available for validation at:
> > > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> > > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
> > >
> > > The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
> > >
> > > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> > > http://repository.apache.org/> at
> > >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> > <
> > >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> > >

> > > The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> > > hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> > > hosted this at
> > > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> > > http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
> > for
> > > your quick perusal.
> > >
> > > As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> > > issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop
> > release)
> > > to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is
> > linked
> > > below: [1].
> > >
> > > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> days.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vinod
> > >
> > > [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> > >
> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html
> > <
> > > http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Andrew Wang
I'll also add that, as a YARN newbie, I did hit two usability issues. These
are very unlikely to be regressions, and I can file JIRAs if they seem
fixable.

* I didn't have SSH to localhost set up (new laptop), and when I tried to
run the Pi job, it'd exit my window manager session. I feel there must be a
more developer-friendly solution here.
* If you start the NodeManager and not the RM, the NM has a handler for
SIGTERM and SIGINT that blocked my Ctrl-C and kill attempts during startup.
I had to kill -9 it.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I got asked this off-list, so as a reminder, only PMC votes are binding on
> releases. Everyone is encouraged to vote on releases though!
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> * Downloaded source, built
> * Started up HDFS and YARN
> * Ran Pi job which as usual returned 4, and a little teragen
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Karthik Kambatla <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> * Downloaded and build from source
>> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
>> * Pseudo-distributed cluster with FairScheduler
>> * Ran MR and HDFS tests
>> * Verified basic UI
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM, larry mccay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 binding
>> >
>> > * downloaded and built from source
>> > * checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
>> > * verified signatures
>> > * ran standalone tests
>> > * installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
>> > * ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
>> > * tested credential command
>> > * tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
>> > <
>> > >
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/

>> > for

>> > release)
>> > linked

>> days.

>> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html
>> > <

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Xiao Chen
+1 (non-binding)

   - Downloaded the binary tarball
   - Verified checksum
   - Verified all jars have LICENSE and NOTICE (using the script
   in HADOOP-13374)
   - Started Pseudo-distributed cluster and verified basic HDFS operations
   work, example Pi job succeed.
   - Started kms with a sample jceks store, verified basic hadoop key
   operations work.

-Xiao

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'll also add that, as a YARN newbie, I did hit two usability issues. These
> are very unlikely to be regressions, and I can file JIRAs if they seem
> fixable.
>
> * I didn't have SSH to localhost set up (new laptop), and when I tried to
> run the Pi job, it'd exit my window manager session. I feel there must be a
> more developer-friendly solution here.
> * If you start the NodeManager and not the RM, the NM has a handler for
> SIGTERM and SIGINT that blocked my Ctrl-C and kill attempts during startup.
> I had to kill -9 it.
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I got asked this off-list, so as a reminder, only PMC votes are binding
> on
> > releases. Everyone is encouraged to vote on releases though!
> >
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > * Downloaded source, built
> > * Started up HDFS and YARN
> > * Ran Pi job which as usual returned 4, and a little teragen
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Karthik Kambatla <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1 (binding)
> >>
> >> * Downloaded and build from source
> >> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
> >> * Pseudo-distributed cluster with FairScheduler
> >> * Ran MR and HDFS tests
> >> * Verified basic UI

> up

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> >> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/

> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> <
> >> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>

> Notice

> >> days.

> >> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

larry mccay-3
Oops - make that:

+1 (non-binding)

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 4:07 PM, larry mccay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 binding
>

> * downloaded and built from source
> * checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
> * verified signatures
> * ran standalone tests
> * installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
> * ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
> * tested credential command
> * tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox
>

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>>
>> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
>> 2.7.2.
>>
>> The RC is available for validation at:
>> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
>> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>>
>> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>>
>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
>> http://repository.apache.org/> at
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
>> >

>> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
>> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
>> hosted this at
>> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
>> for your quick perusal.
>>
>> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
>> issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release)
>> to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked
>> below: [1].
>>
>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vinod
>>
>> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <
>> http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Mingliang Liu
Thanks Vinod.

+1 (non-binding)

* Downloaded and built from source (with Java 8)
* Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verified MD5 signatures
* Installed pseudo-distributed instance (Mac OS X 10.11)
* Ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
* Operate HDFS from command line
* Run tools like distcp/NNThroughputBenchmark

> On Jul 22, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Wangda Tan
Thanks Vinod.

+1 (Binding)

- Built from source and deploy a pseudo cluster locally
- Run DS on YARN
- With/Without node labels enabled.

- Wangda

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Mingliang Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Vinod.
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> * Downloaded and built from source (with Java 8)
> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
> * Verified MD5 signatures
> * Installed pseudo-distributed instance (Mac OS X 10.11)
> * Ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
> * Operate HDFS from command line
> * Run tools like distcp/NNThroughputBenchmark

> > On Jul 22, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
> >
> > As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> 2.7.2.
> >
> > The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
> >
> > The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
> >
> > The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> hosted this at
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for
> your quick perusal.
> >
> > As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release)
> to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked
> below: [1].
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vinod
> >
> > [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <
> http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Jason Lowe-2
+1 (binding)
- Verified signatures and digests- Built from source with native support- Deployed a pseudo-distributed cluster- Ran some sample jobs
Jason

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Zhihai Xu-3
Thanks Vinod.

+1 (non-binding)

* Downloaded and built from source
* Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
* Deployed a pseudo cluster
* Ran through MR and HDFS tests
* verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.

Zhihai

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> hosted this at
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for
> your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release)
> to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked
> below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <
> http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Rakesh Radhakrishnan-2
Thank you Vinod.

+1 (non-binding)

- downloaded and built from source
- deployed HDFS-HA cluster and tested few switching behaviors
- executed few hdfs commands from command line
- viewed basic UI
- ran HDFS/Common unit tests
- checked LICENSE and NOTICE files

Regards,
Rakesh
Intel

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Zhihai Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Vinod.
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> * Downloaded and built from source
> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
> * Deployed a pseudo cluster
> * Ran through MR and HDFS tests
> * verified basic HDFS operations and Pi job.
>
> Zhihai
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
> >
> > As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> > 2.7.2.
> >
> > The RC is available for validation at:
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
> >
> > The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> > http://repository.apache.org/> at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> <
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/
> >

> > The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> > hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> > hosted this at
> > http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> > http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
> for
> > your quick perusal.
> >
> > As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> > issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop
> release)
> > to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is
> linked
> > below: [1].
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vinod
> >
> > [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html
> <
> > http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Vinayakumar B-4
+1 (binding)

1. Downloaded and Built from branch-2.7.3
2. Started up HDFS and YARN in Single Node cluster.
3. Ran WordCount job multiple times and Success.
4. Verified the "Release Notes" available at the URL mentioned by Vinod.

Apart from that,
Faced same issues as Andrew wang, while running the WordCount job first time in my new Ubuntu installation, without 'configuring the shuffle handler properly'. Whole session got logged by closing all other applications open. After configuring the shuffle handler properly, job was successful though.

-Vinay

wrote:

> I got asked this off-list, so as a reminder, only PMC votes are
> binding on releases. Everyone is encouraged to vote on releases though!
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> * Downloaded source, built
> * Started up HDFS and YARN
> * Ran Pi job which as usual returned 4, and a little teragen
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Karthik Kambatla
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> * Downloaded and build from source
>> * Checked LICENSE and NOTICE
>> * Pseudo-distributed cluster with FairScheduler
>> * Ran MR and HDFS tests
>> * Verified basic UI
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM, larry mccay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 binding
>> >
>> > * downloaded and built from source
>> > * checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
>> > * verified signatures
>> > * ran standalone tests
>> > * installed pseudo-distributed instance on my mac
>> > * ran through HDFS and mapreduce tests
>> > * tested credential command
>> > * tested webhdfs access through Apache Knox

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-10
>> 40/
>> > <
>> > >
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-10
>> 40/

>> > for

>> > release)
>> > linked

>> days.

>> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.ht
>> ml
>> > <

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Rohith Sharma K S-3
+1(non-binding)

Downloaded and built from source
Cluster installed in 3 nodes and verified running simple MR jobs.
Verified for RM HA , RM work preserving restart with CapacityScheduler

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 6:50 PM, Vinayakumar B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> 1. Downloaded and Built from branch-2.7.3
> 2. Started up HDFS and YARN in Single Node cluster.
> 3. Ran WordCount job multiple times and Success.
> 4. Verified the "Release Notes" available at the URL mentioned by Vinod.
>

> Apart from that,
> Faced same issues as Andrew wang, while running the WordCount job first time in my new Ubuntu installation, without 'configuring the shuffle handler properly'. Whole session got logged by closing all other applications open. After configuring the shuffle handler properly, job was successful though.
>
> -Vinay

Masatake Iwasaki
Thanks for putting this up, Vinod.

+1 (non-binding)

* verified signature and mds of source and binary tarball
* built from source tarball on CentOS 6
* built site documentation
* deployed 3-node cluster with NN-HA and RM-HA, ran example jobs
* built rpms by using Bigtop, deployed 3-node cluster on docker and ran
smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce

Masatake Iwasaki

On 7/23/16 11:15, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Daniel Templeton
I just downloaded the build tarball and deployed it on a 2-node
cluster.  It looks to me like it's compiled for the wrong platform:

# file /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/container-executor
/usr/lib/hadoop/bin/container-executor: setuid setgid Mach-O 64-bit
executable

I'm also seeing the no-native-libraries warnings.

Daniel

On 7/26/16 6:12 PM, Rushabh Shah wrote:

> Thanks Vinod for all the release work !
> +1 (non-binding).
> * Downloaded from source and built it.* Deployed a pseudo distributed cluster.
> * Ran some sample jobs: sleep, pi* Ran some dfs commands.* Everything works fine.
>

>      On Friday, July 22, 2016 9:16 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>   Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Wei-Chiu Chuang-2
I noticed two issues:

(1) I ran hadoop checknative, but it seems the binary tarball was not
compiled with native library for Linux. On the contrary, the Hadoop built
from source tarball with maven -Pnative can find the native libraries on
the same host.

(2) I noticed that the release dates in CHANGES.txt in tag
release-2.7.3-RC0 are set to Release 2.7.3 - 2016-07-27.
However, the release dates in CHANGES.txt in the source and binary tar
balls are set to Release 2.7.3 - 2016-08-01. This is probably a non-issue
though.

* Downloaded source and binary.
* Verified signature.
* Verified checksum.
* Built from source using 64-bit Java 7 (1.7.0.75) and 8 (1.8.0.05). Both
went fine.
* Ran hadoop checknative

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Rushabh Shah <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Vinod for all the release work !
> +1 (non-binding).
> * Downloaded from source and built it.* Deployed a pseudo distributed
> cluster.
> * Ran some sample jobs: sleep, pi* Ran some dfs commands.* Everything
> works fine.
>

>     On Friday, July 22, 2016 9:16 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>  Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> hosted this at
> http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for
> your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice
> issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release)
> to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked
> below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <
> http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli-2
Thanks Daniel and Wei.

I think these are worth fixing, I’m withdrawing this RC. Will look at fixing these issues and roll a new candidate with the fixes as soon as possible.

Thanks
+Vinod

> [...]
> However, the release dates in CHANGES.txt in the source and binary tar balls are set to Release 2.7.3 - 2016-08-01. This is probably a non-issue though.
>
> * Downloaded source and binary.
> * Verified signature.
> * Verified checksum.
> * Built from source using 64-bit Java 7 (1.7.0.75) and 8 (1.8.0.05). Both went fine.
> * Ran hadoop checknative
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Rushabh Shah <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Thanks Vinod for all the release work !
> +1 (non-binding).
> * Downloaded from source and built it.* Deployed a pseudo distributed cluster.
> * Ran some sample jobs: sleep, pi* Ran some dfs commands.* Everything works fine.
>

>     On Friday, July 22, 2016 9:16 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>  Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/> <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> <http://repository.apache.org/ <http://repository.apache.org/>> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html> <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>> for your quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html> <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

But, everyone please do continue your sanity checking on RC0 in case there are more issues to be fixed.

Thanks
+Vinod

> [...]
>>
>> As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion thread is linked below: [1].
>>
>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vinod
>>
>> [1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html> <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr <http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Naganarasimha Garla-2
Tested as follows
- deployed a pseudo cluster from RC0 tar
- Verified signature and checksum
- Run MR sleep on YARN
- With/Without node labels enabled.
- Verified ATS V1 (One small issue though not regression, tracking URL for
running app is shown as Unassigned, will check and raise if required )

Regards,
+ Naga