[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Super minor documentation note:
In the HTML changes file, the parsing of - I guess - SOLR-12368 record
makes the authors information become a separate point.
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1/solr/changes/Changes.html#v8.3.0.improvements

Regards,
   Alex.

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 13:51, Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>
> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1

RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Uwe Schindler

Policeman Jenkins also verified the release for me:
SUCCESS! [2:49:07.411227]
Finished: SUCCESS

https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-Release-Tester/26/console

I also downloaded it and did some checks in documentation and so on. I had not enough time to start up solr, I only looked at Lucene; but as it looks like it's complete and the structure of files are fine, here is my:

 +1

I I find some additional issue during Apachecon, I will come back. Who else is there?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-
> revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-
> revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>
> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

jim ferenczi
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Uwe Schindler
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

jim ferenczi
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:52 PM jim ferenczi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Would it be okay to include the LUCENE-8996 fix in the RC2 respin?

Timeline-wise I think it could be committed tomorrow (Wednesday) London time.

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 10/22/19 14:33:40
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:52 PM jim ferenczi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

From: [hidden email] At: 10/22/19 14:33:40
To: [hidden email]

This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:52 PM jim ferenczi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Thanks! LUCENE-8996 is done now, committed to master, branch_8x and branch_8_3 branches.

From: [hidden email] At: 10/22/19 14:33:40
To: [hidden email]

This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:52 PM jim ferenczi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Hi Ishan and all,

Sorry about the noise. I've reverted the commits on all three branches, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8996 has full details as to why. Please feel free to proceed with the 8.3.0 release without this ticket.

Personal lesson I learnt from all this: don't rush even a small change commit just before a (National Honey Show) staycation ...

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 10/23/19 13:16:42
To: [hidden email]

Thanks! LUCENE-8996 is done now, committed to master, branch_8x and branch_8_3 branches.

From: [hidden email] At: 10/22/19 14:33:40
To: [hidden email]

This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:52 PM jim ferenczi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I backported the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 to the 8.3 branch.
Thanks Uwe and Ishan.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 15:09, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Okay, Jim. Let's respin and have it included as well.

On Tue, 22 Oct, 2019, 6:36 PM Uwe Schindler, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I would suggest to add this change. It's a big and as the other query was already fixed, that's needed for consistency, otherwise you would see strange bugs.

Uwe

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <[hidden email]>:
If we respin I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join queries non-eligible for the query cache.
The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok with it.

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just discovered this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855  which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to the UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be easy to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very quickly.  Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise awareness here.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0
>>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>>
>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here is my +1