[VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

[VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Matt Foley-2
This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to
remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that thread.
 Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
(re-)respond to this VOTE thread.

The following change is proposed in the
Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
 document:

===

1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
following text is removed:

** Release Plan*

Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
Release Manager.

Lazy majority of active committers

2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an additional
role is defined:

** Release Manager*

A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
Candidate according to
HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
 The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
Product Release vote.

===

Best regards,
--Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Hitesh Shah
+1.

-- Hitesh

On May 21, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Matt Foley wrote:

> This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to
> remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that thread.
> Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
> (re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
> The following change is proposed in the
> Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
> document:
>
> ===
>
> 1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
> following text is removed:
>
> ** Release Plan*
>
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
>
> Lazy majority of active committers
>

> 2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an additional
> role is defined:
>
> ** Release Manager*
>
> A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
> Candidate according to
> HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
> The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
> branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
> week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
> the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
> Product Release vote.
>
> ===
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Vinod Vavilapalli

Tx for taking care of this, Matt. It had to be done.

+1

Thanks,
+Vinod

On May 21, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Matt Foley wrote:

> This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to
> remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that thread.
> Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
> (re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
> The following change is proposed in the
> Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
> document:
>
> ===
>
> 1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
> following text is removed:
>
> ** Release Plan*
>
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
>
> Lazy majority of active committers
>

> 2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an additional
> role is defined:
>
> ** Release Manager*
>
> A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
> Candidate according to
> HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
> The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
> branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
> week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
> the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
> Product Release vote.
>
> ===
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Matt Foley-2
Forgot to say: Vote will close one week after it started, at 7:05pm PDT on
Tuesday 28 May.
Thanks,
--Matt

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws
> to remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that
> thread.  Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring
> them to (re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
> The following change is proposed in the Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
>  document:
>
> ===
>
> 1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
> following text is removed:
>
> ** Release Plan*
>
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
>
> Lazy majority of active committers
>

> 2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an
> additional role is defined:
>
> ** Release Manager*
>
> A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
> Candidate according to HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
>  The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating
> the branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
> week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
> the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
> Product Release vote.
>
> ===
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Thomas Graves
+1 Thanks Matt.

Tom

On 5/21/13 9:03 PM, "Matt Foley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws
>remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that
>thread.
> Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
>(re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
>The following change is proposed in the
>Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
> document:
>
>===
>
>1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
>following text is removed:
>
>** Release Plan*
>
>Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
>Release Manager.
>
>Lazy majority of active committers
>

>2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an
>additional
>role is defined:
>
>** Release Manager*
>
>A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
>Candidate according to
>HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
> The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
>branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
>week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus
>around
>the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
>Product Release vote.
>
>===
>
>Best regards,
>--Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Jason Lowe
+1

Jason

On 05/21/2013 09:03 PM, Matt Foley wrote:

> This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to
> remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that thread.
>   Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
> (re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
> The following change is proposed in the
> Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
>   document:
>
> ===
>
> 1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
> following text is removed:
>
> ** Release Plan*
>
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
>
> Lazy majority of active committers
>

> 2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an additional
> role is defined:
>
> ** Release Manager*
>
> A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
> Candidate according to
> HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
>   The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
> branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
> week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
> the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
> Product Release vote.
>
> ===
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Ahmed Radwan-2
+1 (non-binding)

Best Regards
Ahmed

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Matt Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This was previously discussed in the thread "[PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to
> remove Release Plan vote".  13 people explicitly cast "+1"s in that thread.
>  Absent objection I will count those as votes without requiring them to
> (re-)respond to this VOTE thread.
>
> The following change is proposed in the
> Bylaws<http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html>
>  document:
>
> ===
>
> 1. In the "Decision Making" : "Actions" section of the Bylaws, the
> following text is removed:
>
> ** Release Plan*
>
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
>
> Lazy majority of active committers
>

> 2. In the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of the Bylaws, an additional
> role is defined:
>
> ** Release Manager*
>
> A Release Manager (RM) is a committer who volunteers to produce a Release
> Candidate according to
> HowToRelease<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease>.
>  The RM shall publish a Release Plan on the *common-dev@* list stating the
> branch from which they intend to make a Release Candidate, at least one
> week before they do so. The RM is responsible for building consensus around
> the content of the Release Candidate, in order to achieve a successful
> Product Release vote.
>
> ===
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt (long-time release manager)

Re: [VOTE] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

Arun Murthy
+1 (binding)

Thanks Matt.

Arun