Very high disk read rate with an idle solr

Very high disk read rate with an idle solr

uyilmaz

What can cause a very high (1G/s, which is the max our disks can provide) disk read rate that goes on for hours, with a Solr instance not being indexed or queried?

Last days our SolrCloud cluster stops responding to queries, today we tried stopping indexing and querying it, to find out what is going on. 2 collections seem to be in recovery, can recovery cause this behavior?

Regards and have a nice day

--
uyilmaz <[hidden email]>