WARN QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

WARN QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

Ratnesh,V2Solutions India
Hi,
when I deployed plugin, inside plugin directory of nutch in tomcat, I got following warn messages??
one is    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
and another is RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

this is my log file showing above warn message

2007-03-21 11:36:31,812 INFO  NutchBean - opening merged index in E:/eclipse/wor
kspace5/Nutch/crawl-result/index
2007-03-21 11:36:31,922 WARN  QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter
 names no fields.
2007-03-21 11:36:31,953 INFO  Configuration - found resource common-terms.utf8 a
t file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.0/webapps/n
utch-0.8.1/WEB-INF/classes/common-terms.utf8
2007-03-21 11:36:31,968 INFO  NutchBean - opening segments in E:/eclipse/workspa
ce5/Nutch/crawl-result/segments
2007-03-21 11:36:31,984 WARN  SummarizerFactory - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBound
sException: 0
2007-03-21 11:36:31,984 INFO  NutchBean - opening linkdb in E:/eclipse/workspace
5/Nutch/crawl-result/linkdb
2007-03-21 11:36:31,999 INFO  NutchBean - query request from 127.0.0.1
2007-03-21 11:36:32,031 INFO  NutchBean - query: plugin
2007-03-21 11:36:32,031 INFO  NutchBean - lang: en
2007-03-21 11:36:32,077 INFO  NutchBean - searching for 20 raw hits

and if I put any search string in Nutch GUI, it goes with blank page without showing anything.

Can anybody help me solving this issue??

With Thanks
Ratnesh

Vidoe search

Anton Potekhin
Does nutch have a video search solution?
Does anybody do anything about this problem?
Can I read about it anywhere?

Re: Vidoe search

Karl Wettin

21 mar 2007 kl. 11.27 skrev Anton Potekhin:

> Does nutch have a video search solution?

That I doubt.

> Does anybody do anything about this problem?
> Can I read about it anywhere?

It really depends on what you want to use as a query and what in the
video you are looking for. Pattern recognition in images is fairly
well documented.

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cis?q=video+search&cs=1

--
karl

Re: WARN QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

Enis Soztutar
Ratnesh,V2Solutions India wrote:
> Hi,
> when I deployed plugin, inside plugin directory of nutch in tomcat, I got
> following warn messages??
> one is    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
> and another is RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.
> (deleted the rest)

Hi, you should define the fields to be queried in the plugin's
plugin.xml file.
For example take a look at src/plugin/query-basic/plugin.xml :

<implementation id="BasicQueryFilter"

class="org.apache.nutch.searcher.basic.BasicQueryFilter">
        <parameter name="fields" value="DEFAULT"/>
      </implementation>

Here, the plugin declares to respond to DEFAULT field, you should add
the parameter to your plugin.xml file as :
<parameter name="fields" value="fieldname1 fieldname2 fieldname3"/>
where fieldname[1|2|3] is the name of the field that your query filter
builds the query upon.

Re: Vidoe search

Ed Whittaker
I am working on a plugin that connects to a speech recognizer. Is there any
interest in this in the Nutch community?

It would not be a speech recognizer plugin as such though anyone interested
in doing this should probably look at the open-source Sphinx4 project for
that purpose (personally I don't think it's a good idea to spawn a new
speech recogniser each type there is some audio to be parsed so it would be
best run as a server). Rather, what I'm thinking of is a plugin that
connects to a web-service: your Nutch instance sends the audio (from mp3/wav
etc. MIME types) to be recognized and gets back a text stream that can be
indexed by Nutch. The web-service would probably be free for small volumes
and fee-based for larger volumes or high throughput since it's pretty
compute expensive running decent quality speech recognisers.

How much interest is there in indexing audio/video in this manner?

-Ed

On 3/21/07, karl wettin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 21 mar 2007 kl. 11.27 skrev Anton Potekhin:
>
> > Does nutch have a video search solution?
>
> That I doubt.
>
> > Does anybody do anything about this problem?
> > Can I read about it anywhere?
>
> It really depends on what you want to use as a query and what in the
> video you are looking for. Pattern recognition in images is fairly
> well documented.
>
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cis?q=video+search&cs=1
>
> --
> karl

Re: Vidoe search

Michael Goddard-2
Yes, definitely.  I anticipate having to take the output of our
audio/video analysis system which does machine translation and speech to
text and index the result into Lucene for search.  I will closely follow
any work done in this are within the Nutch/Lucene community.

  Mike

> I am working on a plugin that connects to a speech recognizer. Is there
> any
> interest in this in the Nutch community?
>
> It would not be a speech recognizer plugin as such though anyone
> interested
> in doing this should probably look at the open-source Sphinx4 project for
> that purpose (personally I don't think it's a good idea to spawn a new
> speech recogniser each type there is some audio to be parsed so it would
> be
> best run as a server). Rather, what I'm thinking of is a plugin that
> connects to a web-service: your Nutch instance sends the audio (from
> mp3/wav
> etc. MIME types) to be recognized and gets back a text stream that can be
> indexed by Nutch. The web-service would probably be free for small volumes
> and fee-based for larger volumes or high throughput since it's pretty
> compute expensive running decent quality speech recognisers.
>
> How much interest is there in indexing audio/video in this manner?
>
> -Ed
>
> On 3/21/07, karl wettin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> 21 mar 2007 kl. 11.27 skrev Anton Potekhin:
>>
>> > Does nutch have a video search solution?
>>
>> That I doubt.
>>
>> > Does anybody do anything about this problem?
>> > Can I read about it anywhere?
>>
>> It really depends on what you want to use as a query and what in the
>> video you are looking for. Pattern recognition in images is fairly
>> well documented.
>>
>> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cis?q=video+search&cs=1
>>
>> --
>> karl

Re: Vidoe search

Björn Wilmsmann

Ed Whittaker wrote:

> I am working on a plugin that connects to a speech recognizer. Is
> there any
> interest in this in the Nutch community?

[...]

> How much interest is there in indexing audio/video in this manner?

This sounds very interesting indeed. However, this approach might
create a performance bottleneck caused by slow network connections
and potential server overload ( as you said, this approach would be
quite quite expensive in terms of computing power).

--
Best regards,
Bjoern Wilmsmann

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment