Web Application Indexing Error

VikramIyer
Hi,

   Web application consists of one Servlet that calls a Java class with lucene libraries(imports) which performs the task of indexing. However upon class invocation from the doPost() in the servlet I get this error

exception

cause
          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/document/Fieldable
                com.luceneweb.WebIndexer.doPost(WebIndexer.java:45)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

I have the lucene-core-2.3.2.jar configured in my build path.Not sure if any other jar's are missing

Re: Web Application Indexing Error

Alexander Aristov
Hi

Build path and classpath at runtime are different matters. Where do you run
your servlet, in which container.

Mainly all servlet containers should add all libraries located under
WEB-INF/lib, so you must place your lucene jar files there.

Alex

2008/9/9 VikramIyer <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
>   Web application consists of one Servlet that calls a Java class with
> lucene libraries(imports) which performs the task of indexing. However upon
> class invocation from the doPost() in the servlet I get this error
>
> exception
>
>          javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an
> exception
>
> cause
>          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/lucene/document/Fieldable
>                com.luceneweb.WebIndexer.doPost(WebIndexer.java:45)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>
> I have the lucene-core-2.3.2.jar configured in my build path.Not sure if
> any
> other jar's are missing

Best Regards
Alexander Aristov