Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
committer.

He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
some cases.  For example check out
http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
(look for annotation U).

Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
yourself to the committers list on the website as well.

Congratulations!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

RE: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

steve_rowe
Congratulations and welcome, Adrian! - Steve

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley-2-2
Congrats Adrien!

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Christian Moen
Welcome, Adrien! :)

Christian Moen
http://atilika.com

On Jun 7, 2012, at 8:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Simon Willnauer
Welcome Adrien!

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Adrien! :)
>

> Christian Moen
> http://atilika.com
>
> On Jun 7, 2012, at 8:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
>> committer.
>>
>> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
>> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
>> some cases.  For example check out
>> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
>> (look for annotation U).
>>
>> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Welcome aboard Adrien!

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Simon Willnauer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Adrien!
>
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Christian Moen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Welcome, Adrien! :)
>>

>> Christian Moen
>> http://atilika.com
>>
>> On Jun 7, 2012, at 8:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
>>> committer.
>>>
>>> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
>>> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
>>> some cases.  For example check out
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
>>> (look for annotation U).
>>>
>>> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> Mike McCandless
>>>
>>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss
Welcome Adrien!

Dawid

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome onboard Adrien!
> Cheers,
> Tommaso
>

> 2012/6/7 Michael McCandless <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
>> committer.
>>
>> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
>> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
>> some cases.  For example check out
>> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
>> (look for annotation U).
>>
>> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Mark Miller-3
Welcome aboard!

On Jun 7, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Robert Muir
Welcome Adrien!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

David Smiley
Welcome Adrien!
~ David

On Jun 7, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Martijn v Groningen-2
Welcome!

On 7 June 2012 22:16, Smiley, David W. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Adrien!
> ~ David
>
> On Jun 7, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
>> committer.
>>
>> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
>> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
>> some cases.  For example check out
>> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
>> (look for annotation U).
>>
>> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
>> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Thank you for your warm welcome. This is a great honor for me to
become a Lucene and Solr committer.

I am a french software engineer, currently living in Paris although I
was raised near Caen in Normandy. I started to get interested in
search engines in 2008 during an internship at Exalead where I had
great co-workers who introduced me to the internals of search engines.
Just before graduating, I have been contacted by Twenga, an online
shopping engine, which was looking for a search engineer. Working with
Lucene/Solr full-time sounded very cool so I did not hesitate long.
:-) I am still working there, where I do development and some system
administration for our search infrastructure.

Besides computer sciences, I also enjoy sports, especially running,
cycling and horse riding, as well as drinking good beer with friends.
:-)

Thank you for your trust, I am very proud to become part of the team!

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi
Welcome, Adrien!

koji
--
Query Log Visualizer for Apache Solr
http://soleami.com/

(12/06/08 3:11), Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Sami Siren-2
Welcome Adrien!

--
 Sami Siren

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Chris Male
Welcome

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Sami Siren <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Adrien!

--

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases.  For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Chris Male | Software Developer | DutchWorks | www.dutchworks.nl

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Stefan Matheis
Welcome Adrien :>

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Adrien Grand has joined our ranks as a
> committer.
>
> He has been contributing various patches to Lucene/Solr, recently to
> Lucene's packed ints implementation, giving a nice performance gain in
> some cases. For example check out
> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermTitleSort.html
> (look for annotation U).
>
> Adrien, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> As soon as your SVN access is setup, you should then be able to add
> yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Adrien Grand as a new Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome to the team, Adrien!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect