Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!

If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

zhenyuan wei
Congratulations !

jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> 于2019年9月18日周三 下午3:31写道:
Congratulations Atri!

Le mer. 18 sept. 2019 à 09:28, Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Welcome Atri!

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!

If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Congratulations and welcome, Atri.

Dawid

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Anshum Gupta-4
Congratulations and welcome, Atri!

 Anshum

On Sep 18, 2019, at 12:11 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!

If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, Atri!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

18. sep. 2019 kl. 09:11 skrev Adrien Grand <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!

If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Thanks
Jitendra

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Jason Gerlowski
Congratulations and welcome Atri!

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 6:24 AM Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome Atri!
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
>> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
>> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
>> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
>> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Atri!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome Atri!
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
>> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
>> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
>> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
>> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Atri! Well deserved.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 6:47 AM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Atri!
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019, 3:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
>> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
>> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
>> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
>> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Erik Hatcher-4
/me humbly bows

    I'm glad you are here, Atri!

          Erik

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 03:11, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Atri Sharma-3
Thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome.

I work at Amazon, where I am focused on the core product search engine which serves all of our retail entities. My background is in relational and non relational databases, with a penchant for statistical and heuristics based query optimisation. I was introduced to the wonderful world of Lucene by my mentor, Mike Mccandless, and immediately saw a synergy between the project and my interests.

I would like to thank the entire community for being so welcoming  (and patient!). Looking forward to helping shape the future of Lucene, together.

Regards,

Atri

Atri
Apache Concerted