Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Kevin Risden-3
Congrats and welcome Atri!

Kevin Risden

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:05 AM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Atri!

-Yonik

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:12 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!

If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Namgyu Kim
Congratulations and welcome, Atri! XD

2019년 9월 19일 (목) 오전 12:24, Gus Heck <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
[...]

sarowe
Congrats and welcome, Atri!

--
Steve

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 3:11 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome, Atri!

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:05 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome, Atri!

--
Steve

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 3:11 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida

2019年9月19日(木) 4:02 Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]>:

> Welcome, Atri!
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:05 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congrats and welcome, Atri!
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>>
>> > On Sep 18, 2019, at 3:11 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>> >
>> > If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
>> > familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
>> > the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
>> > top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
>> > WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> > with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Adrien

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Congrats and welcome Atri!

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Atri Sharma-3
Thank you so much, everybody, for your kind words.

Regards,

Atri

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 8:06 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats and welcome Atri!

Atri
Apache Concerted

RE: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Uwe Schindler
Welcome!

Congratulations and I hope to work together with you in the future (although I am a bit busy at the moment, so I have not much time).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> Congratulations and I hope to work together with you in the future (although I am a bit busy at the moment, so I have not much time).
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

kamaci
Hi,

Congrats Atri!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you!

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> Congratulations and I hope to work together with you in the future (although I am a bit busy at the moment, so I have not much time).
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Atri
Apache Concerted

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 23:05, Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Congrats Atri!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you!

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> Congratulations and I hope to work together with you in the future (although I am a bit busy at the moment, so I have not much time).
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Tommaso Teofili
Congrats and welcome Atri!

Regards,
Tommaso

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 08:55, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you so much!

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 23:05, Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Congrats Atri!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you!

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> Congratulations and I hope to work together with you in the future (although I am a bit busy at the moment, so I have not much time).
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Atri
Apache Concerted

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Atri Sharma-3
Thank you!

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 3:26 PM Tommaso Teofili
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats and welcome Atri!
>
> Regards,
> Tommaso
>
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 08:55, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 23:05, Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Congrats Atri!
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Furkan KAMACI

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome Atri!

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 09/18/19 14:12:08
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome.

I work at Amazon, where I am focused on the core product search engine which serves all of our retail entities. My background is in relational and non relational databases, with a penchant for statistical and heuristics based query optimisation. I was introduced to the wonderful world of Lucene by my mentor, Mike Mccandless, and immediately saw a synergy between the project and my interests.

I would like to thank the entire community for being so welcoming  (and patient!). Looking forward to helping shape the future of Lucene, together.

Regards,

Atri

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 16:52, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
/me humbly bows

    I'm glad you are here, Atri!

          Erik

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 03:11, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
> familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
> the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
> top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
> WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Welcome aboard Atri

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 3:49 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Atri!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 09/18/19 14:12:08
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Welcome Atri Sharma as Lucene/Solr committer
>
> Thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome.
>
> I work at Amazon, where I am focused on the core product search engine which serves all of our retail entities. My background is in relational and non relational databases, with a penchant for statistical and heuristics based query optimisation. I was introduced to the wonderful world of Lucene by my mentor, Mike Mccandless, and immediately saw a synergy between the project and my interests.
>
> I would like to thank the entire community for being so welcoming  (and patient!). Looking forward to helping shape the future of Lucene, together.
>
> Regards,
>
> Atri
>
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 16:52, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> /me humbly bows
>>
>>     I'm glad you are here, Atri!
>>
>>           Erik
>>
>> > On Sep 18, 2019, at 03:11, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Please join me in welcoming Atri Sharma as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>> >
>> > If you are following activity on Lucene, this name will likely sound
>> > familiar to you: Atri has been very busy trying to improve Lucene over
>> > the past months. In particular, Atri recently started improving our
>> > top-hits optimizations like early termination on sorted indexes and
>> > WAND, when indexes are searched using multiple threads.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> > with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Adrien

> Regards,