Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Hi and welcome, Bruno.
Dawid

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
>
> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
> yourself with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Welcome Bruno!

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 3:46 AM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi and welcome, Bruno.
Dawid

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
>
> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
> yourself with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Welcome!

> On Nov 23, 2019, at 3:45 AM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi and welcome, Bruno.
> Dawid
>
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
>> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
>> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
>> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
>> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Congratulations and welcome Bruno!  We always need more eyes on the low level Lucene bits.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Rahul Yadav
Hi All ,

I have just joined(new dev) here.
I have had some experience in Information Retrieval and Search and would like to contribute to the community.
as i am just setting up , it would be helpful if there is any task/bug/(Starter Level) that i can work on.

Regards
Rahul

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 6:18 PM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Bruno Roustant
Thank you all for this warm welcome.

A couple of words about me:
I live in France with my family, in Grenoble near the Alps. Since my very first work experience (2000), I have been developing around Search and Java. Federated Search, result clustering, more like this, etc. When I joined Salesforce in 2013, I had the opportunity to start using Lucene-Solr. Exploring the beast as a user at the beginning, and then developing plugins. Since 2016 we had stronger performance goals, for lots of fields and security constraints, and this gave me again the opportunity to dive into the mechanics, the APIs, the queries. What a nice surprise to discover this strong project with refined interfaces, carefully crafted algorithms, and high test quality bar! Soon another opportunity made me work with David Smiley, who advocated convincingly the benefits of open-sourcing. That was a succession of opportunities that led me here, becoming a committer, part of this projet!
I like data structure and algorithm challenges. I have experience in performance/memory optimization. I like team work and I’m discovering the open-source power :)

Thanks again, I can’t wait to contribute more with you.

Le sam. 23 nov. 2019 à 21:51, Rahul Yadav <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Bruno!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

23. nov. 2019 kl. 09:29 skrev Adrien Grand <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Kevin Risden-3
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 18:00 Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Bruno!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

23. nov. 2019 kl. 09:29 skrev Adrien Grand <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Otis Gospodnetić

Welcome and great work!

Otis
Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Congratulations and welcome!

Tomoko

2019年11月24日(日) 10:22 Otis Gospodnetić <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Welcome and great work!
>
> Otis
> --
> Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection
> Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/
>

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
>> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
>> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
>> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
>> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
>> yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Jason Gerlowski
Welcome Bruno!

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 9:19 PM Tomoko Uchida
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Tomoko
>
> 2019年11月24日(日) 10:22 Otis Gospodnetić <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Welcome and great work!
> >
> > Otis
> > --
> > Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection
> > Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/
> >

> > On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >>
> >> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
> >> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
> >> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
> >> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
> >> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
> >> yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Nhat Nguyen

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Tomoko
>
> 2019年11月24日(日) 10:22 Otis Gospodnetić <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Welcome and great work!
> >
> > Otis
> > --
> > Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection
> > Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/
> >

> > On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >>
> >> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
> >> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
> >> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
> >> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
> >> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
> >> yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Shalin Shekhar Mangar

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 3:25 AM Bruno Roustant <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.
12