Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome and congrats Dat!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Congratulations!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 9 Jan 2017, at 15:57, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Congratulations Dat.

It was awesome to collaborate with you before this, I am sure it will
be even better after.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 9 January 2017 at 10:57, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
👏👏Congrats Dat. and welcome

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Dat.

It was awesome to collaborate with you before this, I am sure it will
be even better after.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 9 January 2017 at 10:57, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Noble Paul

RE: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Uwe Schindler

Welcome Dat!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Mike Drob-3
Congratulations!

On Monday, January 9, 2017, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome Dat!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Welcome Dat!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>

> On Monday, January 9, 2017, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Dat!
>>

>> Uwe
>>

>> -----
>>
>> Uwe Schindler
>>
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>>
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Dat!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Dat!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congratulations!
>

> On Monday, January 9, 2017, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Dat!
>>

>> Uwe
>>

>> -----
>>
>> Uwe Schindler
>>
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>>
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Shai Erera

Welcome!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017, 21:37 Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Anshum Gupta
Congratulations and welcome Dat!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:39 AM Shai Erera <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017, 21:37 Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Dat!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Dat!
>
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Mikhail Khludnev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome, Dat!
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
>>> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>>>
>>> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>>
>>> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
>>> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
>>> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
>>> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>>>
>>> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
>>> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>>>

>>> Joel Bernstein
>>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>

>> --
>> Sincerely yours
>> Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Dat!

-Yonik

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Mark Miller-3
Welcome!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 4:30 PM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Dat!

-Yonik

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Welcome and congrats Dat!

Koji

On 2017/01/10 0:57, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer

caomanhdat
Thanks to everyone! I still can not believe this is true.

Brief intro:
I started out with Lucene since I was a student at university, by writing a Vietnamese Analyzer for Lucene. But I didn't realize how great is open source/ apache projects.

After college, I joined Viettel and worked on building a search engine for Vietnamese. Then I found a bug on Lucene (LUCENE-6558) and decided to contribute back to the community. By contributing the first patch to Lucene (LUCENE-6558). I realized that, how wonderful to work with open source and how nicely people at Lucene/Solr are. Especially Joel who help me a lot at complete SOLR-9252.

After that experience I joined Lucidworks, everything is great here. Since then I've worked on SolrCloud issues and helped a lot by Shalin.

P/S : I still can not believe this is true.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 7:30 AM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Dat!

-Yonik

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Cao Manh Dat has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Dat, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your account has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

12