Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Anshum Gupta
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.

Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)

Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Congrats and welcome Houston!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Anshum Gupta

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Welcome!

> On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:19 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Congrats and welcome Houston!

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
>> 14. nov. 2019 kl. 09:57 skrev Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>>
>> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
>>
>> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> --
>> Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Hi Houston, welcome!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:23 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> > On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:19 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congrats and welcome Houston!
> >
> > --
> > Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> > Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> >
> >> 14. nov. 2019 kl. 09:57 skrev Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >>
> >> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Karl Wright-2
Welcome!
Karl

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 8:17 AM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Houston, welcome!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:23 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> > On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:19 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congrats and welcome Houston!
> >
> > --
> > Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> > Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> >
> >> 14. nov. 2019 kl. 09:57 skrev Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >>
> >> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

MUNENDRA S N
Congrats and welcome Houston!

Regards,
Munendra S N

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!
Karl

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 8:17 AM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Houston, welcome!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:23 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> > On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:19 AM, Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congrats and welcome Houston!
> >
> > --
> > Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> > Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> >
> >> 14. nov. 2019 kl. 09:57 skrev Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
> >>
> >> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Ken LaPorte
Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Namgyu Kim
Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Jason Gerlowski
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Kevin Risden-3
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Varun Thacker-4

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Houston Putman

Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr
Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!

- Houston Putman

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 3:20 PM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Houston!
-Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Welcome Houston!

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-3
Welcome Houston!

> On 14 Nov 2019, at 08:57, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
>
> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
>
> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Anshum Gupta

12