Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Ignacio Vera
Welcome Houston!

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

> On 14 Nov 2019, at 08:57, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>
> Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
>
> Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
>
> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Congrats and welcome Houston!

--
Steve

> On Nov 15, 2019, at 1:09 AM, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> As requested, a brief history of me:
>
> A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.
>
> Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.
>
> I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!
>
> - Houston Putman
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congratulations and welcome Houston!
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome Houston!
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats and welcome!
>
> Kevin Risden
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congratulations!
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations and welcome :)
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D

> > --
> > http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> > http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congrats and welcome, Houston!
(Austin is a great city, we had the Lucene Solr Revolution there one!)

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 9:59 PM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Houston!
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM Alan Woodward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Houston!
>>
>> > On 14 Nov 2019, at 08:57, Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Please join me in welcoming Houston Putman as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!
>> >
>> > Houston has been involved with the community since 2013, when he first contributed the Analytics contrib module. Since then he has been involved with the community, participated in conferences and spoken about his work with Lucene/Solr. In the recent past, he has been involved with getting Solr to scale on Kubernetes.
>> >
>> > Looking forward to your commits to the Apache Lucene/Solr project :)
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome, Houston! It's a tradition to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Shalin Shekhar Mangar

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 12:39 PM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr
Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!

- Houston Putman

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Mike Drob-3
Welcome, Houston!

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 6:00 PM Shalin Shekhar Mangar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 12:39 PM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr
Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!

- Houston Putman

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Dennis Gove
Congrats Houston!

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 7:57 PM Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome, Houston!

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 6:00 PM Shalin Shekhar Mangar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 12:39 PM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr
Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!

- Houston Putman

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty
welcome Houston!
martin-

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Welcome Houston,
Looking forward to working with you

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 12:58 AM Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> welcome Houston!
> martin-
> ________________________________

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome Houston!

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 11/14/19 19:39:29
To: [hidden email]

Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr
Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!

- Houston Putman

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Houston!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Kevin Risden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

Kevin Risden

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 Jason Gerlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome :)
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Namgyu Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Houston! :D
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Ken LaPorte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations Houston! Well deserved honor.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html

> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
> http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Congratulations and welcome!

Tomoko

2019年11月23日(土) 4:15 Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
<[hidden email]>:

> Welcome Houston!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 11/14/19 19:39:29
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> As requested, a brief history of me:
>
> A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in 2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016, moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot facets.
>
> Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes. We’ve open sourced a Solr Kubernetes operator (https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.
>
> I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it can be!
>

> - Houston Putman
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:24 PM Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome Houston!
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Welcome Houston!

Re: Welcome Houston Putman as Lucene/Solr committer

Nhat Nguyen