Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Ilan Ginzburg as the latest Lucene/Solr committer.
Ilan, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and Welcome!
Noble

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congrats and welcome, Ilan!

On Sun, 21 Jun, 2020, 3:14 pm Noble Paul, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Ilan Ginzburg as the latest Lucene/Solr committer.
Ilan, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and Welcome!
Noble

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Ilan!
-Yonik

Noble

Noble

Congratulations and Welcome!
Noble

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

David Smiley
Congratulations Ilan!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 5:44 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Ilan Ginzburg as the latest Lucene/Solr committer.
Ilan, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and Welcome!
Noble

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome!

> On Jun 21, 2020, at 3:40 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Congratulations Ilan!
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 5:44 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Ilan Ginzburg as the latest Lucene/Solr committer.
> Ilan, it's tradition for you to introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and Welcome!
> Noble

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Congrats and welcome, Ilan!

Koji

Noble

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Noble

Adrien

Congratulations and Welcome!
Noble

Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Ilan Ginzburg
Thank you, merci, תודה for the trust and the welcome, Noble and everybody!

I’m based in France near Grenoble, a flat city high tech hub surrounded by mountains.

For the past 7 years I’ve been working on Search at Salesforce. Currently focusing on SolrCloud scaling.
I also work on making Solr nodes stateless, separating compute from storage to better fit Public Cloud environments (see
Activate '18Activate '19SOLR-13101 WIP).

Past employers include EMC/Documentum, HP Labs Palo Alto, Intel. Earlier still I created the Apple 2 game Saracen (old timers here might remember?).

Other activities include a lot of paragliding, cycling, hiking, drumming (here during COVID) and a few stints working as a photographer.

I hold a MA in business administration and a PhD in computer science (parallel computing).

I’m extremely happy to join the Lucene/Solr community, the future looks exciting!

Ilan

Noble

Noble

Noble