Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Michael McCandless-2
I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty

Benvenuto Signore Ferenczi!

Martini

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Jim!

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Mikhail Khludnev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Jim!
>
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Michael McCandless
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
>> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
>> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
>> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
>> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
>> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>>
>> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links:
>> <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

> Sincerely yours
> Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome Jim!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Jim!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 1 Jan 2017, at 10:04, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
<http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
<https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).

The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

jim ferenczi

Thanks all for this warm welcome !

I am very happy to join you as a commiter especially in this period of the year, I received the invitation the 24th of December and this is now officially the best gift I ever received for Christmas ;).

I am in the search engine area for a a decade now. I’ve started with crawler and web search at Exalead, a french company specialized in entreprise search. Then I joined Rakuten where I worked on an e-commerce platform. I’ve started to use Lucene/Solr during this time trying to find solution to handle thousands of Japanese queries with spans and ngrams  per second. Then I joined Elastic where I am currently working.

I am based in Paris and my family comes from Hungary (sorry Martin I am not Italian, the « c » makes all the difference in my name ;) ).

When I am not working I try to keep my energetic baby happy and that takes basically all my free time !

Thanks again for the invitation and see you in JIRA/conferences/real life very soon !

Jim Ferenczi

Welcome Jim!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Jim!

-Yonik

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

https://www.thetaphi.de

https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Congrats and a warm welcome Jim!
~ David

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks all for this warm welcome !

I am very happy to join you as a commiter especially in this period of the year, I received the invitation the 24th of December and this is now officially the best gift I ever received for Christmas ;).

I am in the search engine area for a a decade now. I’ve started with crawler and web search at Exalead, a french company specialized in entreprise search. Then I joined Rakuten where I worked on an e-commerce platform. I’ve started to use Lucene/Solr during this time trying to find solution to handle thousands of Japanese queries with spans and ngrams  per second. Then I joined Elastic where I am currently working.

I am based in Paris and my family comes from Hungary (sorry Martin I am not Italian, the « c » makes all the difference in my name ;) ).

When I am not working I try to keep my energetic baby happy and that takes basically all my free time !

Thanks again for the invitation and see you in JIRA/conferences/real life very soon !

Jim Ferenczi

Welcome Jim!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Adrien Grand
Welcome Jim!

Le lun. 2 janv. 2017 à 16:15, David Smiley <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Congrats and a warm welcome Jim!
~ David

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM jim ferenczi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks all for this warm welcome !

I am very happy to join you as a commiter especially in this period of the year, I received the invitation the 24th of December and this is now officially the best gift I ever received for Christmas ;).

I am in the search engine area for a a decade now. I’ve started with crawler and web search at Exalead, a french company specialized in entreprise search. Then I joined Rakuten where I worked on an e-commerce platform. I’ve started to use Lucene/Solr during this time trying to find solution to handle thousands of Japanese queries with spans and ngrams  per second. Then I joined Elastic where I am currently working.

I am based in Paris and my family comes from Hungary (sorry Martin I am not Italian, the « c » makes all the difference in my name ;) ).

When I am not working I try to keep my energetic baby happy and that takes basically all my free time !

Thanks again for the invitation and see you in JIRA/conferences/real life very soon !

Jim Ferenczi

Welcome Jim!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Congratulations and welcome Jim!

koji

On 2017/01/01 19:04, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Jim Ferenczi has accepted the Lucene
> PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Jim, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Your handle "jimczi" has been added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you
> now have commit privileges. Please test this by adding yourself to the
> committers section of the Who We Are page on the website:
> <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (instructions here
> <https://lucene.apache.org/site-instructions.html>).
>
> The ASF dev page also has lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome and Happy New Year,
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Jim Ferenczi as a Lucene/Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, Jim!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect