Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

123

Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Hello everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!

Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
-- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
actively working on new code.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio, Mike.

Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Erik Hatcher-4
Welcome, Michael!  It’s about time :)

> On May 13, 2019, at 15:11, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Noble Paul

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene community was back in 2012,

Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
have committer rights already! :)

D.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
> to this awesome project!
>
> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>
> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
> going.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> >
> > Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> > -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> > actively working on new code.
> >
> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> > with a brief bio, Mike.
> >
> > Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Michael!

> On May 13, 2019, at 2:48 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene community was back in 2012,
>
> Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
> invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
> have committer rights already! :)
>

> D.
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
>> to this awesome project!
>>
>> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
>> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
>> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
>> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
>> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
>> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
>> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
>> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
>> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
>> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
>> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>> going.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Ignacio Vera
Welcome!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:11 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Michael!

> On May 13, 2019, at 2:48 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene community was back in 2012,
>
> Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
> invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
> have committer rights already! :)
>

> D.
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
>> to this awesome project!
>>
>> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
>> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
>> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
>> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
>> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
>> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
>> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
>> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
>> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
>> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
>> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>> going.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Martin Gainty
Удачи Майкл!

> On May 13, 2019, at 2:48 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene community was back in 2012,
>
> Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
> invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
> have committer rights already! :)
>

> D.
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
>> to this awesome project!
>>
>> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
>> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
>> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
>> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
>> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
>> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
>> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
>> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
>> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
>> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
>> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>> going.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Karl Wright-2
Welcome, Michael!
Karl

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
Удачи Майкл!

> [...]

>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>> going.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Congratulations and welcome Mike!  Well deserved.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!

Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
-- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
actively working on new code.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio, Mike.

Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

caomanhdat
Welcome Michael!

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 22:10, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome Mike!  Well deserved.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!

Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
-- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
actively working on new code.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio, Mike.

Dawid

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt
D.O.B : 31-07-1991
Cell: (+84) 946.328.329
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Mike!
-Yonik

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Michael!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Mike!
-Yonik

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Tomoko Uchida
Welcome, Michael!

Tomoko

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thanks, Ishan!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome, Michael!
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:53 AM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
> > to this awesome project!
> >
> > I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
> > large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
> > journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
> > other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
> >
> > I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
> > community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
> > problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
> > I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
> > ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
> > own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
> > no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
> > one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
> > more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
> > source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
> > forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
> > going.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> > >
> > > Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> > > -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> > > actively working on new code.
> > >
> > > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> > > with a brief bio, Mike.
> > >
> > > Dawid

123