Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

123

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Christian Moen
Congratulations, Michael!

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 4:23 AM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Ha! Thanks, Erik

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Michael!  It’s about time :)
>
> > On May 13, 2019, at 15:11, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> >
> > Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> > -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> > actively working on new code.
> >
> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> > with a brief bio, Mike.
> >
> > Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thank you!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:26 PM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:11 PM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Michael!

>> > Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
>> > invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
>> > have committer rights already! :)
>> >

>> > D.

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Alas, I had to resort to Google Translate; Thank you!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Удачи Майкл!
>

> ________________________________

Thanks, Karl!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:04 PM Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Michael!
> Karl
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Удачи Майкл!
>>

>> ________________________________

Thanks, Joel

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:07 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Michael!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:04 PM Karl Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome, Michael!
>> Karl
>>

>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Удачи Майкл!
>>>

>>> ________________________________

Thanks, David - I appreciate that

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:10 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome Mike!  Well deserved.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>> actively working on new code.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>
>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thanks, Đạt !

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Michael!
>
> On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 22:10, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome Mike!  Well deserved.
>>
>> ~ David Smiley
>> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>>

>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

> Best regards,
> Cao Mạnh Đạt
> D.O.B : 31-07-1991
> Cell: (+84) 946.328.329
> E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thanks, Yonik!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Mike!
> -Yonik
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
>> to this awesome project!
>>
>> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
>> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
>> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
>> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>>
>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
>> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
>> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
>> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
>> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
>> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
>> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
>> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>> going.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello everyone,
>> >
>> > Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>> >
>> > Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>> > -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>> > actively working on new code.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> > with a brief bio, Mike.
>> >
>> > Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Thanks, Tomás

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:57 PM Tomás Fernández Löbbe
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Michael!
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congrats Mike!
>> -Yonik
>>

>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
>>> to this awesome project!
>>>
>>> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
>>> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
>>> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
>>> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>>>
>>> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
>>> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
>>> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
>>> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
>>> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
>>> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
>>> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
>>> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
>>> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
>>> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
>>> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
>>> going.
>>>
>>> -Mike

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Robert Muir
Welcome!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

kamaci
Congrats Michael!

14 May 2019 Sal, saat 05:37 tarihinde Robert Muir <[hidden email]> şunu yazdı:
Welcome!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Koji Sekiguchi-3
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Koji

On 2019/05/14 4:11, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Varun Thacker-4
Congratulations Michael!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:31 PM Koji Sekiguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Koji

On 2019/05/14 4:11, Dawid Weiss wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

sarowe
Congrats and welcome Mike!

--
Steve

> On May 13, 2019, at 10:11 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Michael, welcome!

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Alan Woodward-3
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!  It’s great to have you on board.

- Alan

> On 13 May 2019, at 20:23, Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
> to this awesome project!
>
> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>
> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
> going.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>> actively working on new code.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>
>> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Alexandre Rafalovitch
Welcome aboard and congratulations.

Regards,
    Alex

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 3:49 PM Dawid Weiss, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene community was back in 2012,

Yeah... I really don't know how it happened you haven't been
invited earlier. Everyone just kind of assumed you
have committer rights already! :)

D.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
> to this awesome project!
>
> I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
> large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
> journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
> other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.
>
> I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
> community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
> problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
> I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
> ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
> own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
> no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
> one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
> more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
> source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
> forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
> going.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
> >
> > Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> > -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> > actively working on new code.
> >
> > Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> > with a brief bio, Mike.
> >
> > Dawid

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Jason Gerlowski
Congrats Michael!

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:57 AM Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome Michael!
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:42 AM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>
>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>> actively working on new code.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>
>> Dawid

> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.