Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

123

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Welcome Mike!

Christine

From: [hidden email] At: 05/13/19 20:23:46
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Thanks Dawid, and thank you to everyone who voted to grant me access
to this awesome project!

I spent many years building full text search web applications serving
large texts (especially dictionaries, encyclopedias, and academic
journals). I cut my teeth with AltaVista back in 1998, and tried many
other search engines before finally coming around to Solr/Lucene.

I am pretty sure my first interaction with the Apache Solr/Lucene
community was back in 2012, when I was looking to solve a performance
problem we encountered highlighting gigantic documents. Since then
I've worked on many projects involving Solr and Lucene, and
ElasticSearch, and made various contributions, implemented some of my
own extensions, made a separate XML query engine based on Solr (Lux -
no longer active), went to a few Lucene/Solr Revolutions (spoke at
one), and always in the back of my mind was the idea of contributing
more actively and becoming a full participant in this thriving open
source project. Now I'm really excited that has come to pass, and look
forward to digging in even deeper, and helping to keep this thing
going.

-Mike

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>
> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
> actively working on new code.
>
> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
> with a brief bio, Mike.
>
> Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, Michael!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

13. mai 2019 kl. 21:11 skrev Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>:

Hello everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!

Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
-- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
actively working on new code.

Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
with a brief bio, Mike.

Dawid

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Re: Welcome Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Welcome Mike, Looking forward to work with you

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:18 AM Gus Heck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome :)
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Mike!
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 12:12 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Please join me in welcoming Michael Sokolov as Lucene/ Solr committer!
>>>
>>> Many of you probably know Mike as he's been around for quite a while
>>> -- answering questions, reviewing patches, providing insight and
>>> actively working on new code.
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome! It is a tradition to introduce yourself
>>> with a brief bio, Mike.
>>>
>>> Dawid

>> --
>> Mike McCandless