Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

12

Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Mark Miller-3
I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Welcome Mike!

Dawid

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Congratulations and welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Yonik Seeley
Congrats Mike!

-Yonik

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congrats and welcome!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:45 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats Mike!

-Yonik

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

sarowe
Welcome Mike!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Joel Bernstein
Welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Mike!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Martin Gainty

Welcome Mike!

Martin

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Mike!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Mike!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Alan Woodward-2
Welcome Mike!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 8 May 2017, at 16:42, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Mike Drob-3
Thanks, Mark.

My first experience with Solr was through working on a custom indexer, but since then I've seen more and more of the internals of the system.

I generally care about stability for operators and ease of troubleshooting when something goes wrong (and it always does). This is most visible through making sure systems produce useful log messages, metrics, and that we have sane recovery paths from a wedged system.

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and will update the who we are page shortly!

Mike

On Mon, May 8, 2017, 10:42 AM Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Erick Erickson
Welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Mark.
>
> My first experience with Solr was through working on a custom indexer, but
> since then I've seen more and more of the internals of the system.
>
> I generally care about stability for operators and ease of troubleshooting
> when something goes wrong (and it always does). This is most visible through
> making sure systems produce useful log messages, metrics, and that we have
> sane recovery paths from a wedged system.
>
> I'm excited to be a part of this community, and will update the who we are
> page shortly!
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017, 10:42 AM Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
>> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>>
>> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group,
>> so you now have commit privileges.
>>
>> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
>> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
>> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
>> bookmarklet
>> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
>> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>> --
>> - Mark
>> about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Scott Blum
Congrats, Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome Mike!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks, Mark.
>
> My first experience with Solr was through working on a custom indexer, but
> since then I've seen more and more of the internals of the system.
>
> I generally care about stability for operators and ease of troubleshooting
> when something goes wrong (and it always does). This is most visible through
> making sure systems produce useful log messages, metrics, and that we have
> sane recovery paths from a wedged system.
>
> I'm excited to be a part of this community, and will update the who we are
> page shortly!
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017, 10:42 AM Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
>> invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
>> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>>
>> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group,
>> so you now have commit privileges.
>>
>> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
>> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
>> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
>> bookmarklet
>> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
>> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>> --
>> - Mark
>> about.me/markrmiller

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Welcome Mike!

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:11 AM, Mikhail Khludnev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome, Mike!
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Mark.
>>
>> My first experience with Solr was through working on a custom indexer, but
>> since then I've seen more and more of the internals of the system.
>>
>> I generally care about stability for operators and ease of troubleshooting
>> when something goes wrong (and it always does). This is most visible through
>> making sure systems produce useful log messages, metrics, and that we have
>> sane recovery paths from a wedged system.
>>
>> I'm excited to be a part of this community, and will update the who we are
>> page shortly!
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2017, 10:42 AM Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce that Mike Drob has accepted the PMC's
>>> invitation to become a committer.
>>>
>>> Mike, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
>>> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>>>
>>> Your existing Apache handle has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group,
>>> so you now have commit privileges.
>>>
>>> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
>>> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
>>> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
>>> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
>>> bookmarklet
>>> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
>>> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>>>
>>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>> --
>>> - Mark
>>> about.me/markrmiller
>

> --
> Sincerely yours
> Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Mike Drob as Lucene/Solr committer

Otis Gospodnetić
Mike, congratulations and welcome!
+10 for logging and metrics improvements! ;)

Otis
Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/

[...]

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome Mike!