Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

12

Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Robert Muir
I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Dawid Weiss-2
Congratulations and welcome, Peter!

Dawid

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 7:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Congrats and welcome, Peter!

On Tue, 6 Apr, 2021, 11:18 pm Robert Muir, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Mike Drob-2
Welcome!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:06 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome, Peter!

Dawid

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 7:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Gus Heck
Welcome!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 2:16 PM Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:06 PM Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome, Peter!

Dawid

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 7:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

sarowe
Congrats and welcome!

--
Steve

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 1:47 PM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome Peter!  Thank you for the massive Hunspell improvements!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Michael Sokolov-4
Welcome, Peter!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 2:39 PM Michael McCandless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Peter!  Thank you for the massive Hunspell improvements!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>

> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>>
>> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Julie Tibshirani
Welcome Peter!!

Julie

Adrien

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

David Smiley
Welcome Peter!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!

Congratulations and welcome!

Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Peter Gromov
Thanks for the honor!

(BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))

> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Bruno Roustant
Welcome Peter!

Le mer. 7 avr. 2021 à 09:11, Peter Gromov <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Thanks for the honor!

(BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))

> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Atri Sharma-3
Did you set your 2FA up and get added to the Apache Software
Foundation Github org?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Peter Gromov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the honor!
>
> (BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))
>
> > Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Peter Gromov
I have 2FA, but nobody added me to the ASF organization. How does one do that?

<[hidden email].invalid> wrote:

> Thanks for the honor!
>
> (BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))
>
> > Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Dawid Weiss-2
See here -
https://git.apache.org/setup/

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:52 AM Peter Gromov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have 2FA, but nobody added me to the ASF organization. How does one do that?
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Did you set your 2FA up and get added to the Apache Software
>> Foundation Github org?
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Peter Gromov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the honor!
>> >
>> > (BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))

>> > Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Namgyu Kim

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 4:12 PM Peter Gromov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the honor!

(BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))

> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.

Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer

Peter Gromov
Thanks, that helped!

<[hidden email].invalid> wrote:

> I have 2FA, but nobody added me to the ASF organization. How does one do that?
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Did you set your 2FA up and get added to the Apache Software
>> Foundation Github org?
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Peter Gromov
>> <[hidden email].invalid> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the honor!
>> >
>> > (BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))

>> > Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>> Apache Concerted