Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Yonik Seeley-2
I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
invitations to become Solr committers!
Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!

-Yonik

ps: following recent custom, why don't you guys tell us a little about
yourselves (in addition to adding yourself to
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/who.html when you get the karma)

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Mike Klaas
On 30-Apr-09, at 10:41 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
> invitations to become Solr committers!
> Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!

Congratulations Mark and Noble!   Good to have you on board.

-Mike

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Grant Ingersoll-2

On Apr 30, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
> invitations to become Solr committers!
> Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!

+1

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
hi,
I work as a Principal Engineer for AOL in Bangalore . I stumbled upon
Solr when my organization asked me to build a search solution for one
of AOL's web sites using Solr. I was enamored by the simplicity of the
system and Solr has become almost like a hobby for me. Now , I act as
a subject matter expert for Solr and various other search solutions
implemented in our company.

Ever since the start of my career (almost 10 yrs now) I have been
breathing java. My work experiences involve building an appserver and
a stint at SUN. Building simple , easy to use solutions has been my
forte and I hate complexity as I can't handle it myself.

My thanks to every one of you for helping me achieve this.

cheers,
Noble Paul

--Noble Paul

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Michael McCandless-2
Welcome aboard Mark and Noble!

Mike

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
> invitations to become Solr committers!
> Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!
>
> -Yonik
>
> ps: following recent custom, why don't you guys tell us a little about
> yourselves (in addition to adding yourself to
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/who.html when you get the karma)

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Koji Sekiguchi
Welcome aboard Noble and Mark. I'd like to assign Mark to give SOLR-825. :)

Koji

Yonik Seeley wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
> invitations to become Solr committers!
> Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!
>
> -Yonik
>
> ps: following recent custom, why don't you guys tell us a little about
> yourselves (in addition to adding yourself to
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/who.html when you get the karma)

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Mark Miller-3
Thanks all for the welcome.

Little intro:

I grew up in VT and now I live in Greenwhich CT, about a stones throw
from PortChester NY. Or as my Grandmother would say, just a spell away.
I've been a Lucene committer for a while, and its great to also be
involved with the Solr project. I work for a Lucene/Solr stack
commercial company called Lucid Imagination, and frankly, its a blast to
get to do so much involving my favorite open source projects. Looking
forward to many more years of Lucene/Solr development.

Congrats Noble!

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Bill Au
Mark and Noble, welcome aboard.

Bill

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all for the welcome.
>
> Little intro:
>
> I grew up in VT and now I live in Greenwhich CT, about a stones throw from
> PortChester NY. Or as my Grandmother would say, just a spell away. I've been
> a Lucene committer for a while, and its great to also be involved with the
> Solr project. I work for a Lucene/Solr stack commercial company called Lucid
> Imagination, and frankly, its a blast to get to do so much involving my
> favorite open source projects. Looking forward to many more years of
> Lucene/Solr development.
>
> Congrats Noble!
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Erik Hatcher
+2 - Welcome Mark and Noble!

        Erik

On May 1, 2009, at 6:48 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Thanks all for the welcome.
>
> Little intro:
>
> I grew up in VT and now I live in Greenwhich CT, about a stones
> throw from PortChester NY. Or as my Grandmother would say, just a
> spell away. I've been a Lucene committer for a while, and its great
> to also be involved with the Solr project. I work for a Lucene/Solr
> stack commercial company called Lucid Imagination, and frankly, its
> a blast to get to do so much involving my favorite open source
> projects. Looking forward to many more years of Lucene/Solr
> development.
>
> Congrats Noble!
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome new Solr committers Mark Miller and Noble Paul

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Yonik Seeley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Mark Miller and Noble Paul have accepted
> invitations to become Solr committers!
> Welcome Mark & Noble, and thanks for all your great work on Solr!

Congratulations Noble and Mark!

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.