What API can I use to partially update a field in Solr 4.0

What API can I use to partially update a field in Solr 4.0

Xiao
Hi,

I am a Java programmer using Solr. I have 2 million documents in the solr
index. I need to change only one filed for all docs. Does Solr have a
partial update Java API?

XIao

Re: What API can I use to partially update a field in Solr 4.0

Alexandre Rafalovitch
I asked that question just a couple of days ago. Check archive for
full conversation on July 14-16th.

In summary, what you want is only possible if all (ALL!) fields are
stored (not just indexed). And you may want to look at:

   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)