What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory

What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory

ienjreny
Dears:
Can any body explain at easy way what is the benefits of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory and what is acceptable values for typeMatch

Thanks in advance

Re: What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory

Jack Krupansky-2
I do have basic coverage for that filter (and all other filters) and the
parameter values in my e-book:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html

That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of Lucene?

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory

ienjreny
Regarding to your question: "That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of Lucene? "

I don't know because I don't know what is the benefits from this tokenizer, and what Payload means here!

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Jack Krupansky-2 [via Lucene] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do have basic coverage for that filter (and all other filters) and the
parameter values in my e-book:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html

That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of Lucene?

-- Jack Krupansky

Can any body explain at easy way what is the benefits of
solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory and what is acceptable values for
typeMatch

Thanks in advance

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/What-is-the-usage-of-solr-NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory-tp4135326p4136467.html
To unsubscribe from What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory, click here.
NAML

Re: What is the usage of solr.NumericPayloadTokenFilterFactory

iorixxx
Hi,

Payloads are used to store arbitrary data along with terms. You can influence score with these arbitrary data.
See : http://sujitpal.blogspot.com.tr/2013/07/porting-payloads-to-solr4.html

But remember that there is an ongoing work to nuke Spans.

Ahmet

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

I forget to include Grant's write-up: http://searchhub.org/2009/08/05/getting-started-with-payloads/

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do have basic coverage for that filter (and all other filters) and the
> parameter values in my e-book:
>

> http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html
>
> That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of
> Lucene?
>
> -- Jack Krupansky

Roman Chyla
Hi, What will replace spans, if spans are nuked ?
Roman
On 17 May 2014 09:15, "Ahmet Arslan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Payloads are used to store arbitrary data along with terms. You can
> influence score with these arbitrary data.
> See :
> http://sujitpal.blogspot.com.tr/2013/07/porting-payloads-to-solr4.html
>
> But remember that there is an ongoing work to nuke Spans.
>
> Ahmet
>

> On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:24 AM, ienjreny <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Regarding to your question: "That said, are you sure you want to be using
> the payload feature of Lucene? "
>
> I don't know because I don't know what is the benefits from this tokenizer,
> and what Payload means here!
>

> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Jack Krupansky-2 [via Lucene] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I do have basic coverage for that filter (and all other filters) and the
> > parameter values in my e-book:
> >

> http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html
> >
> > That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of
> > Lucene?
> >
> > -- Jack Krupansky

I hate to say this, but if you have to ask, then it is highly likely that
the feature is inappropriate for you.

It may in fact be true that Payload is precisely the feature you need, but
Solr support for this Lucene feature is rather limited, so you may have to
do a lot of work on your own to use the Payload feature.

So, let me revise my question to: What application requirement led you to
suspect that use of the Lucene payload feature might be beneficial? There
are likely to be other approaches to meeting your application requirements
rather than Payload.

All of that said, it sure would be nice to see more substantial and easier
to use support for Payload in Solr.

-- Jack Krupansky

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do have basic coverage for that filter (and all other filters) and the
> parameter values in my e-book:
>

> http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html
>
> That said, are you sure you want to be using the payload feature of
> Lucene?
>
> -- Jack Krupansky

Hi Roman,

I was referring to this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2878 ticket.